Attempting to rebuild my Metroid-like in C2. ?'s!

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:05 am

I'm a huge backer of Kickstarter projects and noticed this today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope?ref=recently_launched

You state near the bottom you are using Unity. In this thread, you stated you originally developed with Stencyl but are looking towards recreating everything in C2 due to limitations. Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?

Also, if you want to actually hit your Kickstarter goal, I suggest removing the 500-backer limit on your $10 pledge reward. Considering 70-80% of your backers are going to be pledging in the $1 - $40 range, having the $10 reward get 'full' could turn some people away.Excal2013-08-06 08:05:23
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 am

On key released - sprite (with platform behaviour) - set vector y - 0.33*Sprite.Platform.VectorY

would take care of the fine height control.

The platform behaviour is a good starting point and by setting the default controls to "NO" it has all the freedom you need to adjust it to your needs. There's no need to reinvent the wheel if you just want a different looking car.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:26 pm

[QUOTE=Excal] I'm a huge backer of Kickstarter projects and noticed this today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope?ref=recently_launched

You state near the bottom you are using Unity. In this thread, you stated you originally developed with Stencyl but are looking towards recreating everything in C2 due to limitations. Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?[/QUOTE]
I was going to ask the same thing
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 pm

[QUOTE=Excal] Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?[/QUOTE]

It didn't come off to me as lying. Sounds like if it gets funded, he'll create the game in Unity. What he has now is a prototype.

Although it does seem crazy to me to make a metroidvania game in Unity in 6 months for only 15k. That's like, raman noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day..for 6 months. And working 20 hours a day.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 pm

[QUOTE=UberLou]That's like, raman noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day..for 6 months. And working 20 hours a day.

[/QUOTE]

You mean that's NOT normal for game dev?! :O
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:10 pm

[QUOTE=UberLou] [QUOTE=Excal] Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?[/QUOTE]

It didn't come off to me as lying. Sounds like if it gets funded, he'll create the game in Unity. What he has now is a prototype.

Although it does seem crazy to me to make a metroidvania game in Unity in 6 months for only 15k. That's like, raman noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day..for 6 months. And working 20 hours a day.

[/QUOTE]

Unity is known for being great at 3D and being not-so-great at 2D.

It sounds like a lot of work to create something in Stencyl, recreate it in C2, then create it again in Unity (where it will be even harder to recreate given Unity's affinity for 3D AND the fact that Unity is havily script-based instead of event-based).
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?