Attention Construct Developers!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:57 am

Hello, Im a sound designer and Im currently working on an project with a graphic designer. The game is starting to come together quite well now but programming isnt our primary skill in game design, because in many ways were both learning as we go - progress is hampered quite a bit by unnecessary roadblocks and obstacles due to our inexperience in programming.

Were currently looking for a talented programmer to help us out, the game were working on is called Orbit and its a Sci-Fi platformer with some in space sections. Heres some screenshots:

Were looking for a third team-mate who is obviously talented but who also likes the game were working on and its influences, most notably; 2001 A Space Odyssey and Brian Eno :) Wed love to be able to spend more time focusing on our art, audio and level design and with the help of a like-minded programmer Im sure Orbit will turn out to be a cracking game. Weve also got another couple of game projects on the backburner too, so if you want to know any more information drop me a line at
mickdadude@gmail.com

Here's a couple of screenies.

Full size links:
[url:1vtiqafe]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3317708/Orb1.jpg[/url:1vtiqafe]
[url:1vtiqafe]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3317708/Orb2.jpg[/url:1vtiqafe]

B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Don't bother putting any adds here,The people will never answer here ,In fact theyll only criticise you.Go to a real gamedev site if you need a programmer etc... . Heres a great site i found http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/games/
B
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm

[quote="vdrake75":3djo1kcb]Don't bother putting any adds here,The people will never answer here ,In fact theyll only criticise you.Go to a real gamedev site if you need a programmer etc... . Heres a great site i found http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/games/[/quote:3djo1kcb]

lol Cheers
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 pm

[quote="vdrake75":2kzp0asn]Don't bother putting any adds here,The people will never answer here ,In fact theyll only criticise you.Go to a real gamedev site if you need a programmer etc... . Heres a great site i found http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/games/[/quote:2kzp0asn]
I disagree with vdrake
you're showing off decent looking screenshots, describing what you're bringing to the table, and showing a project you've worked on for some time.

vdrake had a less than pleasant experience when showing very amateur looking screenshots, attempting to pass himself off as a triple-a developer, bringing nothing to the table but an attempt to sound professional. Also, aside from sagal's typical drunken rudeness, no one criticized him other than constructively. His reaction to the community has been less than mature, let alone professional.

while I can't guarantee that someone will hop aboard your project, I don't think anyone should discourage users from posting recruitment threads altogether...merely those of a "please make a game for me" variety.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I agree with Lucid 100% here.
CrudeMik has done the groundwork, and is looking to perfect it.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Firstly i never said i was a AAA developer ,those who think so got it all mixed up.My words were HELP US TO CREATE A AAA TITLE with construct pointing out that construct can also do decent games seeing that this is a free program.Secondly the pics i shown was WIP WORK IN PROGRESS.If i was a AAA developer i wouldn't even bother coming here id be working were the real money's at , Console Games.I was merely asking for help in creating a AAA title note:"HELP" not saying hello im a AAA developer any scriptkiddies wanna help me create a game.Anyway Im NOT i REPEAT NOT a AAA developer.
B
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 pm

vdrake75 you're only making things worse with these kinds of posts.

I realize you're upset and feel the need to reply quickly, but taking the time to edit and cleaning up the presentation (caps are a no-no) of your posts will go a long way towards people taking you more seriously. Also, it will give you more time to think your ideas through.

No one will give up their free time easily. It is up to you to provide a very good reason for someone to give up that time.

/unsolicited advice
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 pm

This is the pic that i shown of my rpg game.
B
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:32 pm

ok sorry for the caps my bad.But please stop pounding on one little mistake i made.
B
G

Post » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:48 pm

[quote="vdrake75":rhrq7ub0]ok sorry for the caps my bad.But please stop pounding on one little mistake i made.[/quote:rhrq7ub0]
no one is pounding anything, it's when you post things like this:
[quote="vdrake75":rhrq7ub0]Don't bother putting any adds here,The people will never answer here ,In fact theyll only criticise you.Go to a real gamedev site if you need a programmer etc... . Heres a great site i found http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/games/[/quote:rhrq7ub0]
that I felt the need to illegitimize you. You frequent this site an awful lot since you arrived for someone who thinks it isn't a "real" gamedev site. Then your reply is to try to impress people again with your achievements, posting your poser'd screenshot, in someone else's thread to show off their own project no less. That's the problem people had with your original post. "My CEO gave me permission". Stop trying to be larger than life. People are just exposing what they see going on. And when you're not lying you're being disruptive and negative. Everyone's not out to get you. No one's invested enough thought into you to want to pound you down. In fact, when you posted a thread for help, people responded kindly, and helpfully to you like they would anyone else. Just relax and be part of the community.

Anyway, I apologize Crudemik, didn't mean to derail your thread, if I were you, I would post another set of screenshots, and a vid if you have one, that way any newcomers to the thread will see that at the bottom, rather than this nonsense. Besides, the more the merrier, when you're trying to get someone on board.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations