Audio and sounds

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:23 am

Hi everyone!
I don't know why, but when start the bgm music, all the other sounds stops. I can ear just the bgm music.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:01 am

Any chance you could post the capx?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Doc Ai wrote:Any chance you could post the capx?

How can i do this in this forum ? i can't see an upload option.....
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Make a dropbox account and upload it in the public folder.(Actually dropbox is really nice for storing files for internet)
I don't know why Admins do not allow attachments here,(Maybe for server issued)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Could it have something to do with the iOS audio limitations? Maybe check out this post.

viewtopic.php?t=64226&start=0
Last edited by VIKINGS on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:22 pm

VIKINGS wrote:Could it have something to do with the iOS audio limitations? Maybe cgeck out this post.

viewtopic.php?t=64226&start=0

I think this is not my problem, in other words if i play the bgm music (in music folder of the project), i can't hear any other sounds (in sound folder of the project).
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 am

Exactly. First time, after reading through that post I linked you here is the question I asked(on page 3 of the post) and the answer I got.

VIKINGS wrote:Hey hey hey, hold on just a second....!!
You mean if I don't go through all that I can't have a normal game with background music and other sounds on iPads/iPhones with older versions of iOS?!
And even if I do it I will only be able to play a single sound at a time?!(what if the player hits something with the background music playing...)
Cmon I thought apple was supposed to be "top dog" in the mobile market, specially considering how much their devices cost...VIKINGS2014-02-17 10:56:47

gamesura wrote:@Vikings,
Yes, afaik older iOS browser only support 1 channel audio so we must choose to play sfx or music (not possible to playing both), for sfx we must create audio sprites (all sfx sound embeded on single sound file) and also audio need trigger from user (touch) to playing it (can't autoplay).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:28 pm

VIKINGS wrote:Exactly. First time, after reading through that post I linked you here is the question I asked(on page 3 of the post) and the answer I got.

VIKINGS wrote:Hey hey hey, hold on just a second....!!
You mean if I don't go through all that I can't have a normal game with background music and other sounds on iPads/iPhones with older versions of iOS?!
And even if I do it I will only be able to play a single sound at a time?!(what if the player hits something with the background music playing...)
Cmon I thought apple was supposed to be "top dog" in the mobile market, specially considering how much their devices cost...VIKINGS2014-02-17 10:56:47

gamesura wrote:@Vikings,
Yes, afaik older iOS browser only support 1 channel audio so we must choose to play sfx or music (not possible to playing both), for sfx we must create audio sprites (all sfx sound embeded on single sound file) and also audio need trigger from user (touch) to playing it (can't autoplay).

So the only solution is to concatenate all the audio sfx inside a single audio file ?
But why in local i can hear everything ?
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 pm

No idea mate, I'm a newb around here, just figured that post might help you. If not more experienced users are gonna have to help you further, sorry.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

VIKINGS wrote:No idea mate, I'm a newb around here, just figured that post might help you. If not more experienced users are gonna have to help you further, sorry.

No, no, you give me other solution, and i appreciated this! ;)
B
S

Return to How do I....?