Audio Garbled

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:46 pm

I just picked up Construct and I have been learning the interface. I'm using Firefox 43.0.4 for LAN Preview on Windows 10. Audio .wav files import fine (I'm using the .wav files that came bundled with Construct). After conversion, I can play both the .m4a and .ogg files that are converted fine by Construct. However, when I try to use the LAN preview, audio is always garbled.

I used the tutorial to set everything up:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/181/ad ... ners-guide

Any ideas?
B

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:19 pm

I tried different browsers. Both Chrome and Edge are having the same issue - garbled audio.

I also tried LAN Preview to my IOS9 IPhone 6 Plus - app runs fine, but I have no audio at all.

Any thoughts?
B

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Alondrix wrote:I tried different browsers. Both Chrome and Edge are having the same issue - garbled audio.

I also tried LAN Preview to my IOS9 IPhone 6 Plus - app runs fine, but I have no audio at all.

Any thoughts?

Really is nearly impossible to guess.

You will get a much better and quicker response (usually) if you include a .capx so we can see how you have everything setup.

One thing to check is make sure you are not playing the sound every tick.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Sure - I can share.

Crude prototype setup - move the block to avoid the spikes. Desire is to play "Game Over" when the block is hit by a spike.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8f8orhbya37xz ... .capx?dl=0
B

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

C2 loops 60 times a second, and when you have isAlive=0, it's replaying the sound every 1/60 of a second. Either play your sound when the player dies, or change the isAlive value to something else in event 11.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Perfect - thank you. I changed the audio to player "On destroyed" and it works like a champ now.
B

Return to Construct 2 General