Audio not playing in browser with Android

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Problem Description

Any sound or music in my game is playing when acessing the game with Android.

Attach a Capx

h*t*t*p*s://w*w*w.dropbox.com/s/uifq6gn114w5irr/SaveTheDate22_AudioProblem.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

The game music should by playing automaticaly after the intro.

I've tried put a screen before everything to wait for user click, as recommended on many other topics. I've tried to play with "play by name" instead of "play". But none of this work. I've tried moving the musics to folder Music and folder Sounds, but nothing worked.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Play game on PC: scirra.com/arcade/other-games/elaele-25592
    • Play game on Mobile on the same link: scirra.com/arcade/other-games/elaele-25592

Observed Result

On mobile there's no sounds playing.

Expected Result

It should play music and sound just like when played on a desktop.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (I haven't tried)
    • Internet Explorer: (I haven't tried)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Home x64

Construct 2 Version ID

• The .capx link is invalid. Please provide a working link otherwise we can't investigate.

• The .capx link is invalid. Please provide a working link otherwise we can't investigate.

Here:

h*t*t*p*s://w*w*w.dropbox.com/s/uifq6gn114w5irr/SaveTheDate22_AudioProblem.capx?dl=0

I'm using a few plugins, but I saved the project as mentioned on the MUST READ FIRST topic: "To save a .capx file, click "Save as single file" in the File menu."

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The project uses the following third-party addons:

Audio helper

Layout transition V2

LiteTween

Also given the size of the .capx it looks unlikely to be a minimal repro as per the bug report requirements. Closing, please file again following the guidelines if you still want us to investigate.

• I deleted all addons, removed all scenes.

There's only three layouts on this example.

Here's the new link to download the capx: h*t*t*p*s://w*w*w.dropbox.com/s/i4pflucmorltuap/SaveTheDate22_AudioProblem.capx?dl=0

I also uploaded this version on itch.io, so you can try on mobile and desktop:

h*t*t*p*s://viktoreisenmann.itch.io/eu-ela?secret=xkTx0bplNEcrbaklHPrBV909zKg

• Please see the bug report guidelines. It is far, far easier to deal with bug reports if you start with a new empty project and demonstrate the issue there.

• I got it fixed!

For some reason the sounds and music won't play in fullscreen. So I had to upload to a website (bitballoon) that didn't put on fullscreen automatically.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)