Audio Syncing: a limitation or bug?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

@fremachuca no the problem still exists.. I don't think anyone is working on it. I don't think "the powers that be" totally understand why it's necessary. I've stopped pursuing the issue since I view it as a limitation. The browser based audio lib was never meant to have multitrack capabilities - not that it can't, it just wasn't configured that way.

@eli0s you don't have any sync problems because you are loading the music fully into memory. Try streaming it and by the 3rd loop it will be totally out of sync.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:54 am

jobel wrote:@eli0s you don't have any sync problems because you are loading the music fully into memory. Try streaming it and by the 3rd loop it will be totally out of sync.

I don't understand, I've uploaded the exported project and it still plays just fine! On Firefox and Chrome that is...
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 am

@eli0s yes I've looked at your capx but you have the audio files imported to the "Sounds" folder which tells C2 to load the entire audio file into memory. If you put your audio files into the "Music" folder it streams from disk. The streaming is where the loop sync problem occurs. You really can't afford to load your music into memory...

https://www.scirra.com/manual/183/memory-usage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 am

@jobel , oh, I get what you mean now. I never use the music folder because I believed that C2 doesn't support multiple audio files to be played simultaneously from the music folder. But it seems that it does!

You are right, if I move the audio files into the music folder, the whole thing collapses!!! What a mess!!!
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General