[AudioEx] Record Audio & Play audio from external sources

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:06 am

Hey Guys , AudioEx is my first Plugin.

AudioEx by Hamza is what a lot guys here looking for, i always wanted a plugin to record audio and play audio from external resources but i couldn't find a plugin, so i decided to learn a little of C2 Js SDK and make my own, i'm still at the beginning and that's what i have done so far :

this plugin is still in progress, it's functioning as expected but still need some improvements and features.

AudioEx does :

- record audio from microphone with no need to any other technology ( no flash or whatever).
- return result as a wav blob url
- return result as encoded base64 wav string.
- play audio from external resources , using file chooser or any online audio file.
- play recorded audio as base6' or as blob
- specify record interval to slice your records length
- you can also download the wav file using the browser ( invoke download)

AudioEx doesn't yet :

- stop recording
- stop playing current audio source ( unless it's finished)

problems :
too slow to get the base64 string.

plugin and demo zip file in the attachements

i'm waiting for you feedback and if anyone wants to help improving it , you are welcome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:43 am

Sounds interesting, will be sure to give it a try. So, it can play, for example, a WAV file loaded as a C2 resource? Can it do so without substantial delay? If so, that would be awesome.

Thx for sharing! :)

Edit: Doesn't seem to be a play action...?
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:25 pm

yes it play your Audio file immideatly , with no need to preload , and sorry i will fix that , the action name is wrong , i forgot to correct it , but i will , it's just Play action
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:14 am

nice work
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:50 pm

@warville Is it possible to start an endless recording without presetting the length?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 am

@Lof , sorry for the late reply, but that would crush your browser , it needs a lots of memory , and by presenting the length you are just spliting the recordings into smaller pieces , if you want and very length recording maybe store them in a table and play them
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 am

Could you make it so, that while a button is pressed and held, it records ? and when button released start the encoding ? (with the length of button pressed time)

Also, is this the lowest quality for the microphone available ? (perhaps for size reduction)

Also, getting access to the blob file would be nice. (is that smaller then the base64 ?)

I tried implementing it into my video chat, ... but the x second stop and start thing makes it really troublesome to have something useful recorded. I got it working, but its bugly atm :D

PS try naming the options normally :D start recording means play recorded file :P
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:57 am

@Lennaert , sure i will Rename them, the plugin currently do what you want , but only if you specify a maximum record time for the user like in Messenger you can't record for long time, but i will try to improve it :)
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 am

Sounds great :)

Looking forward to the results.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:46 pm

really usualy plugin< thanks
B