Australopithecus

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 pm

[quote="Exoskele":28kxc8uj]As for the jump key debate, you could just have both Z and Y do jumping; I'm a fan of the ZXC... + arrows system.[/quote:28kxc8uj]

I realize now that my previous suggestion to use both Up and Z for jumping is pointless... when you manually tell the Platform behavior to jump using events, it ignores jump sustain. Which this game has. So this won't be possible until the method for setting controls is revamped for Construct.

Also... how did you get a sig image? I thought they were disabled for anyone under 500 posts :?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:26 pm

[quote="deadeye":3pwoocmo]
Also... how did you get a sig image? I thought they were disabled for anyone under 500 posts :?[/quote:3pwoocmo]
I didn't run across any problems when I put it into my sig; I uploaded it via Photobucket and put the [img] link in my sig. Is it a forum rule? I wasn't aware of any rule against it, but I'd be happy to take it out.
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:07 am

[quote="Exoskele":u0iwkmpu][quote="deadeye":u0iwkmpu]
Also... how did you get a sig image? I thought they were disabled for anyone under 500 posts :?[/quote:u0iwkmpu]
I didn't run across any problems when I put it into my sig; I uploaded it via Photobucket and put the [img] link in my sig. Is it a forum rule? I wasn't aware of any rule against it, but I'd be happy to take it out.[/quote:u0iwkmpu]

Sigs were broken before and the devs had to add them manually, so the was a "reward" basis for it... now they are working, so go for it :)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Nice game, I really enjoyed it, eventhough I haven't finished it yet. I got stuck on the underwater spikes and just lost my patiance. But I think I'll play it through later. Good music as well, I take it that you were inspired by the Metroid series, or am I completly wrong then?

I have no real complaints this far, just some minor things that I personally prefer, even though I'm aware that there are people who would say the opposite. For example I think I would like a little slower platformmovement with lower acc. and dec. I also would, as someone mentioned, like more savepoints. But these are just my personal opions, and I really think the game is fine the way it is, especially since you changed the jump key. Greate game!
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:03 pm

[quote="lokijki":2ilprpbh][quote="deadeye":2ilprpbh][quote="lokijki":2ilprpbh]EDIT: Also, you can play in fullscreen if you press F2 if you think the screen is to small.[/quote:2ilprpbh]

No I can't, my monitor doesn't support 320x240 :cry:[/quote:2ilprpbh]

Oh. Know what I can do to fix that? :D[/quote:2ilprpbh]
in Application properties, under Window Properties, enable the Maximize box and set Resizing to Stretch Window Content.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm

I tried that, but it doesn't keep the proportions so it looks bad when you stretch the screen.
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 pm

ummmm feature request:
mantain aspect ratio when stretching options: touch from inside, touch from outside (as seen in Media Player Classic). I shall make a thread for it in feature requests :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Update: Added a 'lil doggy for you to follow around and a somewhat different ending.

Game Jolt Page

ALSO, Game Jolt is pretty nifty.
B
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:20 am

[quote="Madster":erjim9pj]ummmm feature request:
mantain aspect ratio when stretching options: touch from inside, touch from outside (as seen in Media Player Classic). I shall make a thread for it in feature requests :)[/quote:erjim9pj]

That and different filters like what they use in emulators all the time - scale2x, hq2x, 2x sai, super eagle and stuff - that'd help making lowRes games a little nicer when they're being set to fullscreen.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:17 am

Theres an easier (lame) version of the game up on Game Jolt if anyones interested. Seems like some people were challenged by the original...
B
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations