Auto Save Fail

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 pm

@jobel autosave has been integrated for the last few builds. What version are you using?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm on 139.. I've been meaning to update.. just haven't gotten around to it... just like I didn't get around to clicking the save button for 3 hours! grr so mad at myself! nothing worse than that "REPORT TO MICROSOFT? "DONT SEND" screen when you know you forgot to save....
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 pm

May I ask what the difference between autosave and autobackup do then? Autosave is self explanatory, but does autobackup just backup the current saved file automatically?
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 pm

@mepis :

If I am correct, Autosave is saving on another file each X minutes, while auto-backup is copying the last file you saved before erasing it.

If you have a Test.Capx, make a change then save it once again, the Test.capx.backup should contain what the test.capx contained before the save, so if the save failed (or you made a breaking change that you cannot find out), at least you can use the backup file.

I hope I was clear
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you! I figured that's what it did but confirmation never hurts.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General