Awesomium 1.7 RC3 is ready..!!!!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Ready to use construct 3 game template and release to mobile divice.
  • Hi there,

Awesomium has finished the 1.7 RC3 and it is downloadable.

Ashley - do this release fixes our FPS-Problems that we have before?

awesomium.com/download

Thanks

KMag

• Yay now is the time !!

• I hope they fixed the terribly huge cold start times. Though i guess that can't be helped

• This is awesomium news!

• I really hope this is fast and that the shader effects work this time. My fingers are crossed!

• Sorry, bad news - this release still seems to have serious performance problems. I've notified them about it here. Hopefully they can still fix it for the next release though.

• This is very bad news for me :(

• Sorry, bad news - this release still seems to have serious performance problems. I've notified them about it here. Hopefully they can still fix it for the next release though.

Will you include this release in the next build, so we can make some test with it and use it to report to the Awesomium team too?

• Oh man. :| More 6 months for next release. Oh well. Hope i'm wrong.

• Is Awesomium the only guys working on HTML5 to exe wrappers?

so what are the problems with Awesomium right now? I haven't tested too much but the ones i know are slow start ups and for some reason it not running on a lot of my friends computers at all.

And what exports are proven to work at this point?

• Extreme bad News...!!! :o(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Could you please include RC3 for the next release - I would like to run some test and report my own observations to the Awesomium team too.

Thanks for the huge and very fast effort you always make Ashley. If the Awesomium team worked like you - well - then we had no problems to report.

• Ashley

I have read all - and on the bottom i found this:

---

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for the feedback.

When I ran your app, I got about 30 FPS full-screen. To see if I could reproduce it in my own setup, I modified the latest GDI Sample (which uses kWebViewType_Windowed), enabled WebGL and GPU acceleration, and set the GL Mode to Desktop. When I ran it full-screen I got 60 FPS (which is the maximum with vsync) with lower CPU usage.

So, there must be some difference in your code.

I've attached my modifications to the GDI Sample below, try building it and comparing it with your code.

Zip-File:

Zip

KMag

• Maybe Ashley can find a Solution within the Zip-File?

Finger Crossing!!!!

KMag

• Aww... come on! This is ridiculous!

What's their update cycle?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)