Awesomium no sound and looping problems

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Just now, I exported to Awesomium and to my surprise, there was no sound. I read other topics on this and only got one answer "I installed windows again", that's just crazy. Does anyone else know why this happens? There's sound when I export to everything else, just not .exe...

Also, why does my music not loop correctly? It's like there's a really short stop/click when it loops on C2. It's really distracting. I read that OGG inserts this click thingy by default and also read to use WAV... If I used WAV, my game would be unnecessarily HUGE, it is really not a good work around at all.
Here's a song that loops 100% perfect on sound editors like Sound Forge, Audacity, etc. also works the same on the RPG Makers, but not on C2. When I render my music, I render it specifically for looping. If that click/stop is an OGG feature, why don't I hear this on those programs? How do you guys get C2 to loop yer music?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 am

Bump
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:34 am

If you're feeling like it, why not try to export to .exe with node-webkit?

Preliminary test show that performance is better than awseomium's, you can export to linux and mac, and it's open-source so you can see how it works, and sound is working just fine!

Here's the plugin i wrote,

You can find the forum thread here

Tutoial on how to export here

As node-webkit provides possibility to write node.js code with it, i wrote some other plugins to expose node.js modules (path, os, fs) but they are in serious development so use them wisely. (do a search fourm on node-webkit plugin and you should find them)

Also, you can check out some other stuff i did with node-webkit and c2:

Space blaster on mac

Space blaster on linux

Http and socket.io server written in c2

Cheers!JohnnySheffield2013-01-02 08:35:26
Be nice until it's time to not be nice
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 am

Yes, i recommend node-webkit MORE than Awesomium
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 am

This kit looks amazing. I hope it gets a official C2 wrapper. It beats Awesomium, no reason not to. Thanks guys!

That leaves only one question. Does anybody know how to get music properly looped on C2?
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General