b190 Windows Store Certification Fails

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:25 pm

I can't get past this and any help is appreciated.

When I run the Windows Store Validation it always fails with this:
Performance test

FAILED
Bytecode generation

•Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:◦File \\?\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\35997SteveBucci.SantasRooftopRun_1.1.4.0_neutral__s4pn5d3b6neq2\data.js has JavaScript syntax or other problems.

•Impact if not fixed: As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.

•How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:
- Ensure that event logging is enabled
- All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package
- Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before deploying
Otherwise exclude the respective files from the package.

---
The data.js file is one long line of stuff. So, not sure if that is the syntax. I found you definitely can't exclude it from the project.

When running a debug in Visual Studio I get this
SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2efd, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002efd.
File: index-win.html

But overall that doesn't seem to actually effect anything in my game.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Im having this same issue. you should probably make a thread in the bug report section of the forums though it is better fitting for this
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Thanks, Volkiller. There was already a thread and I added to it.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General