Babylon3D: Standard Edition

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:47 pm

matriax wrote:Hey @fuego96 great demo! Used some 3D editor? In that case what you use?

Greetings matriax and thanks!
I use Blender 3D.
I don't need a better iPhone, I need to be better.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Unfortunately it's not possible
Again no one of you has made a capx where he explains why C2 cloning method is easier and better , and I mean an example in which you clone a sprite and then control one of them.

If the example is much simpler and clearer than my method with MeshArray, then I'll rewrite all the new plugins. So its up to you to prove it.

And if anyone missed my method , here is it : http://sendvid.com/xefvxtkh
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:36 pm

X3M wrote:Unfortunately it's not possible

BTW, the "Set Name" of the mesh action is confirmed for the 0.6? Not will be elegant but i guess on events to a family of mesh objects do a "For each" > "Set Name" to whatever we want and fixed.

Again no one of you has made a capx where he explains why C2 cloning method is easier and better , and I mean an example in which you clone a sprite and then control one of them.

If the example is much simpler and clearer than my method with MeshArray, then I'll rewrite all the new plugins. So its up to you to prove it.

This time i'm not was talking about clone objects in realtime and control them, i guess you refer to gamecorpstudio. I'm talking about duplicate objects in the C2 layout to create my level from scratch and after that in events set actions that affects to all the duplicates, that can be items like coins, diamonds,etc... without use MeshArrays, loopindex, duplicate events and all that.

As you can see in the video i have in the C2 layout a level designed with duplicated items to pick. This trick only works for NewMesh.Objects not for cloned in realtime or scenes from 3D editors, as i said i prefer do all in C2 also i guess will works for Obj-Js.mesh or i hope.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:52 am

@X3M Talking about cloning a mesh in realtime using the "Clone Mesh" action on NewMesh.Objects.

If we want to shoot bullets for a FPS using the MeshArray, how we do that?

Can you please make a video/template on you can move/rotate the camera and pressing some key a bullet is created in front the camera and goes forward. And this bullet on collision with another mesh destroys both?.

Edit: Maybe a bullet behaviour like we have on C2 for 2D objets will be great, will make the things more simple i think.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:46 pm

matriax wrote:@X3M Talking about cloning a mesh in realtime using the "Clone Mesh" action on NewMesh.Objects.

If we want to shoot bullets for a FPS using the MeshArray, how we do that?

Can you please make a video/template on you can move/rotate the camera and pressing some key a bullet is created in front the camera and goes forward. And this bullet on collision with another mesh destroys both?.

Edit: Maybe a bullet behaviour like we have on C2 for 2D objets will be great, will make the things more simple i think.

@X3M Is it possible to implement Raycast?
So you would not have to create an object for each bullet, simply a sprite where the lightning strike, similar to how it is used in Unity.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:04 pm

MATAGUIRIS wrote:@X3M Is it possible to implement Raycast?
So you would not have to create an object for each bullet, simply a sprite where the lightning strike, similar to how it is used in Unity.

@MATAGUIRIS And if i want to do a bazooka launching misiles? :P

BTW, this is a good example that how create/clone/duplicates or whatever in Babylon3D on they need to have the same behaviour to move and actions for all them to collide. I mean different Bullets againts different mesh objects on they have assigned behaviours and actions.

For sprite.objects is easy, simply on press X > Hero-Spawn bullet & set angle of motion=Player.Angle. After that when bullet collides with an EnemyFamily = Destroy Bullet and EnemyFamily. After that you simply add the different enemies to the family and you can put 20 in the level or whatever and all will works.

Because C2 on create/spawn an object create duplicates(Other instance with the same name) not a clone(Different name and instance).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:13 pm

@matriax I'll figure out a way how to make a bullet behavior
@MATAGUIRIS You can already use raycasting

They are used as expressions to either return the mesh name which intersects with the ray, or the x y z position of the intersaction point between the ray and a mesh.

Here in the example, A ray is casted downwards from 0,20,0.
It is casted vertically because I chose the Y axis (0,1,0), its downwards because its 1 and not -1, if I chose -1 the ray will go upwards.

So if there is a mesh under the position 0,20,0. The game will tell you its name and the contact point.

@matriax Yep thing will be done the right way in 0.6, I just need time to make everything set.
Now work rate is at 200% and things are done quicker since I switched to VS code that gives codehinting (At least for Typescript) , (Props to @fuego96 for recommending me the software)
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:24 pm

@X3M Oh raycasting! I don't know this was already added, i was looking in the Mesh expresions, seems the Scene expresions have some things interesting too.

About do the things correctly sounds promising, then waiting for the 0.6 :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi,
can one minify scripts including this plugin?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Colonel Justice wrote:Hi,
can one minify scripts including this plugin?

Thanks!

Yep
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons