Babylon3D: Standard Edition

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:44 am

The effects/shaders of C2 not works with the plugin. I tried some RGB channel separation, scanlines,etc... and nothing. I don't know if is possible, but will be great if you can make the plugin compatible with the C2 effects.

I saw there is an option on camera called "Post-Process" for Blur, Black&White and others. Maybe there is any chance to add in the list the C2 effects?.

Edit: The blur option the Camera Pot-Process, without X/Y displacement work like a Pixel-Scale to lowres games, so great! :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:08 pm

matriax wrote:The effects/shaders of C2 not works with the plugin. I tried some RGB channel separation, scanlines,etc... and nothing. I don't know if is possible, but will be great if you can make the plugin compatible with the C2 effects.

I saw there is an option on camera called "Post-Process" for Blur, Black&White and others. Maybe there is any chance to add in the list the C2 effects?.

Edit: The blur option the Camera Pot-Process, without X/Y displacement work like a Pixel-Scale to lowres games, so great! :D

Its not possible because Babylon3D is on a different canvas, C2 effets only apply on C2 canvas.
Babylon3D supports shaders, but I'm not going to work on them yet because I need to read about how shaders work first so you can create your own effects for your games.
For now, I've only implemented some (Black'n'White, Sepia and Blur). I'll work on them on later versions.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

I see, but the sprites are displayed in the C2 canvas and are visibles in the 3D rendering. Also a sprite with effects in the 3D rendering appears with the effect. Maybe there is some way/trick to get it working? I will try it for curiosity :P .

----

i can't resist and did some demo, using the actions template. I edited the lights, speed, collision camera, emisive texture, created materials and meshes and this is how looks:

Here some gif:

Here the demo can be played: https://kronbits.itch.io/proto3d

I was unable to add to the scirra arcade because the file upload system rejected the .zip saying:
"The file extension .babylon is not a permitted extension to upload. "

Seems changing the extension by other allowed works as X3M said by email. BTW, @ashley can you allow this extension to upload in the scirra arcade?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 pm

@matriax You can change the extension to .js for now. Nice demo man!
Making some finishing touches on v0.3
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 am

Can Blender3d or Maya be used to export armature animation to this thing?
I really dislike 3ds max, nothing personal :)

Thats gonna be the thing that wins me over in the end really

You should have made it a plugin for blender instead of construct2
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:11 am

blurymind wrote:Can Blender3d or Maya be used to export armature animation to this thing?
I really dislike 3ds max, nothing personal :)

Thats gonna be the thing that wins me over in the end really

You should have made it a plugin for blender instead of construct2

the plugin has 3 exporters facilities, Maya which @X3M likes the most, Blender which you seem to like, and Unity for those who have unity characters / assets and want to use them, like me :D

they should be explained on the first page if not on X3M's blog

@X3M wrote: Content :
You get :
-The plugin.
-The exporters for the 3D editors
-4 fully commented templates + 4 3DS max scenes.
-Free updates till v1.0.
-1 year of support, counting from the day of buying.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:23 am

Not Maya, 3DS max, Blender or Unity 5. And yes you can export armature animations with it.
I prefer 3DS max because its easier to use and has more functionalities than the other two. Also Blender's UI is just horrible.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Some suggestions:

Actually all the plugin is based on one object. Have you considered separate in two or three to make it all more readable and easy to find actions? Like:

Babylon Scene ( Scene | Camera | Light | World | Sound | Overal settings )
Babylon Objects ( Material | Mesh | Object | Particles )
Babylon Physics ( Native | Cannon.js | Oimo.js )

What you think?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:39 pm

blender fixed the interface issue long time ago.
I didnt seem to get an answer to my question. Does blender or Maya's exporter support armature animation
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:29 pm

@blurymind There is no Maya exporter. Yes Blender's exporter supports armature animation.
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons