Background fading

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi, I'm making a game, wich has got 3 background layers:
One with the closest background (Hills or lake for example),
A further background,
And one with the sky (wich varies depending on the time), the sun and the stars.

The thing is that I want the second one to have a fade effect (hopefully not using WebGL) so it looks like it's further away.

I have tried this already:
I made the second one transparent, but that makes the sun and the stars look like they are on top.
I made another layer (between the second and the third one) with the sky image buttransparent. I didn't like the result beacuse it also messed with the sun and the star.

I don't know if I made myself clear, but I thanks for at least reading it ;)
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 pm

Wouldn't giving it a gaussian blur in a graphic software work?
or just change the colors a bit, to fake atmospheric stuff..
put a blue tiled background in front and change its opacity..

many options depending on your desired effect..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:39 pm

LittleStain wrote:Wouldn't giving it a gaussian blur in a graphic software work?
or just change the colors a bit, to fake atmospheric stuff..
put a blue tiled background in front and change its opacity..

many options depending on your desired effect..

I don't want it to be blured.
If I change the colors a bit I would have to make one for each stage of the day, also, I made a fade effect for changing it into sunset, night, and day so that's not a possibility.
and, like I said before, doing it with a tiled background in front would also mess with the sun and the stars so It's also not a possibility.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Well together we've found at least 5 ways that don't work, so we're at least a bit closer to a working method..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:12 am

LittleStain wrote:Well together we've found at least 5 ways that don't work, so we're at least a bit closer to a working method..

Hahaha yeah, hopefully they inspire another way of thinking.
B
S

Return to How do I....?