Background Music

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:06 pm

I am pulling my hair out right now haha. I am having no success getting background music to play in the alien hunter tutorial game. I created a quick song in FL Studio, exported it as an ogg file, also got the m4a file and uploaded both of them under the music file. I have it set up as follows:

CONDITION: System>On Start of Layout
EVENT: Audio>Play alien hunter looping at volume 0 dB (tag "")

Nothing plays when I start the game. I tried other sound files that weren't created in FL Studio just in case that was the issue and get the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
B

Post » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:12 am

Link a .capx please
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 am

Message: bartohanew can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Okay I have the link, but it says the file cannot be viewed. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com /s/ 0radybso0ha5ze2/alienhunter.capx?dl=0
B

Post » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:29 am

That event you posted above does not exist in your capx.
But you do have an unnecessary sub-event: Audio > Is any playing, action: Audio > Play George_Michael_-_Careless_Whisper_Official_Video_ looping at volume 0 dB (tag "").

Btw, the "files can't be previewed" just means that Dropbox can only show docs, images, and videos. It doesn't recognize what a capx is.
Nothing to worry about.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:40 pm

B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Message: bartohanew can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Lancifer wrote:That event you posted above does not exist in your capx.
But you do have an unnecessary sub-event: Audio > Is any playing, action: Audio > Play George_Michael_-_Careless_Whisper_Official_Video_ looping at volume 0 dB (tag "").

Btw, the "files can't be previewed" just means that Dropbox can only show docs, images, and videos. It doesn't recognize what a capx is.
Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the help. I tried something I read in a different thread for getting bg music to work and forgot to change it back. Here's the fixed version:

https://www.dropbox.com /s/ bixx7lz07tumtxm/alien%20hunter.capx?dl=0
B

Return to Beginner's Questions