Backgrounds

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:01 am

Hi @RookieDev,

Welcome to Construct 2. If you want to get someone's attention, you just have to remember to put the @ symbol followed by their name (e.g. @RookieDev).

To download the latest construct build, just click on the Construct 2 tab (at the top of the page), then select the downloads tab, then latest beta tab (alternatively just click here)

Hope that helps.

Edit: @GenkiGenga 's way is lot faster and I hadn't noticed that before, so I'm glad I was able to learn something new as well! Blacksmith2013-06-08 07:06:43
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:16 am

[QUOTE=Blacksmith] Hi @RookieDev,

Welcome to Construct 2. If you want to get someone's attention, you just have to remember to put the @ symbol followed by their name (e.g. @RookieDev).

To download the latest construct build, just click on the Construct 2 tab (at the top of the page), then select the downloads tab, then latest beta tab (alternatively just click here)

Hope that helps.

Edit: @GenkiGenga 's way is lot faster and I hadn't noticed that before, so I'm glad I was able to learn something new as well! [/QUOTE]

Thank you @Blacksmith,

I feel very welcome here and this will be my new home for my 2D Creations.Thank you for welcoming me to such a great community.I did download the stable version first but now i do have the beta version thanks to you guys.I feel right at home with Construct 2.Thank you
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:23 am

@RookieDev,

No problem, I'm happy to try and help out, when I can.

I've always found the forum users to be a very friendly and helpful bunch as well!

Hope you enjoy creating with C2!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:39 am

Thank you guys,

I have one more question about the backrounds,I had previous help from @GenkiGenga and he did a very good job with showing me what i did wrong with my parallax views.I need to know if it possible to make my layers follow my player/Views Y cords.All i need is the horizontal parallax i just want my mountains to stay with me when i move up or down/
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 am

@RookieDev,

Not quite sure I understand what you are after, but I'll try to help if I can! Could you try to give me a more detailed explanation?

Sounds like you could achieve what you want by just limiting the players Y movement! But like I said, maybe I'm not fully understanding what it is you are trying to achieve!

I'm going to be out for most of today, so probably won't be able to look at it until tomorrow.

Or perhaps, you could start another thread for this specific question, and someone else may be able to help you in the meantime!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:49 am

@Blacksmith, Cheers I should have mentioned that.

Here you go Rookie I have updated the original example. Now when you fall from the sky you can see the verticle parallax working too (you will no doubt want to adjust this to your liking but its a good starting point).

http://db.tt/zWVXCDN6

Things start to get a little bit hectic in the editor (depending on how zoomed in you are it will look different) so the best way to adjust is to play the game and move it up or down bit by bit until it feels right.

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:57 am

[QUOTE=GenkiGenga] @Blacksmith, Cheers I should have mentioned that.

Here you go Rookie I have updated the original example. Now when you fall from the sky you can see the verticle parallax working too (you will no doubt want to adjust this to your liking but its a good starting point).

http://db.tt/zWVXCDN6

Things start to get a little bit hectic in the editor (depending on how zoomed in you are it will look different) so the best way to adjust is to play the game and move it up or down bit by bit until it feels right.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome,

Thank You @GenkiGenga and you too @Blacksmith, You dont realize how grateful to have you help me out with this project @GenkiGenga I am still new but all of this help will make me a Vet in no time,Thank you This is the best Game Making engine software money can buy and the Community is Priceless Thanks Man.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 am

@GenkiGenga, No problem!

Ahhh, I see, so this is what @RookieDev was after. It all makes sense now, nice example :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 am

Haha, no worries and I'm sure you will mate!

Agreed, C2 combined with this community is awesome. :)
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 am

Yes this is a wonderful example!@GenkiGenga is a Lifesaver I love this effect in parallax,But lets say i wanted to keep my horizontal parallax but wanted to restrict the movement of the mountains to the view when i move up and down.I ask this because i will implement several different rooms each containing a different style of biome.I will be having a different effect with my backround in those rooms.RookieDev2013-06-08 09:06:17
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?