Banner ad appears only once?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Hello World,

So I'm using admob plugin(the official one) and I have a little problem. On the menu layout(the one the game opens when it starts) I have event on start of layout>preload banned ad, then in the event sheet of each level I have on start of layout>show banner ad at position..etc.

Now when the player opens the game and starts the first level the ad appears, but then if he dies or quits the level(he gets sent back to menu) and then starts the level again the banner ad doesn't appear anymore.

What am I missing, isn't it supposed to show up every time?

Thank you.

• Hi VIKINGS!

First suggestion: post your capx for us to take a look at. We'll be able to look through your entire code, and figure out where the problem is.

Without having seen it, though, instead of using On Start of Layout, try using the condition in the AdMob plugin Is Showing Banner Ad. By inverting that condition, it should preload and then subsequently load an ad whenever there isn't currently an ad. I haven't yet tested this theory, but that is my first shot in the dark.

• K, I'll test out your theory, keep them ideas coming guys please.

Sorry but I can't post a capx, the game is 99% done and, I don't mean to offend anyone, but at this point if I posted it someone could take it and upload it to google play as his own in about 5 minutes. So.... sorry.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, I tried what you suggested keatingb , didn't work. Any other suggestions, anyone, please?

• No more ideas, nobody?:(

• Sorry mate. Without the CAPX, I don't think anyone would be able to help you. I'd reach out to some of the more reputable members of the community and see if they can help you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)