Barbarian platform game

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:24 pm

@Artpunk Looks fantastic! Nice job, it's like you have taken the best parts from cluckles adventures and added a whole new dimension and depth. Looking forward to see more :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 am

klabundee wrote:haha, very nice.

:D hehe I still need to improve the jump animation like you suggested.
Anonnymitet wrote:@Artpunk Looks fantastic! Nice job, it's like you have taken the best parts from cluckles adventures and added a whole new dimension and depth. Looking forward to see more :D

Hey @Anonnymitet , yeah I am totally building on Cluckles. I started with the last build of Cluckles and swapped out the artwork and soon Ill try to build in some additional features like currency and an inventory for weapons / items.
Im thinking I can build a series of mobile platform games, all with different themes and slightly different gameplay mechanics etc. Hopefully I can build up a portfolio.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:45 pm

@ArtPunk I love the looks of the game. I cant wait untill its finished. Just 1 question how did you get the blood destroying effects when the player hist the enemy?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:21 am

LaurenceBedford wrote:@ArtPunk I love the looks of the game. I cant wait untill its finished. Just 1 question how did you get the blood destroying effects when the player hist the enemy?

Hi @LaurenceBedford thats using particle effects. I have a couple of different particle effects for blood when enemy is hit, and an additional green one when enemy is destroyed. Ill probably update these a bit down the track.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:46 am

Like Cluckles' Adventure which I bought on steam recently .Did you do it all by yourself? I mean the graphic you used looks awesome ! I really like it and BTW did you used C2 or C3 on making this ?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:39 am

Hi @ihvan020 thanks for buying Cluckles, I appreciate the support :D I did most of the game myself. I made all the artwork and I did the programming (event system). I didn't do the music though, I contracted a guy to make the music for me.

I used C2 to make Cluckles. C3 wasn't released then. And my current Barbarian project is also being built in C2 as it builds on top of my Cluckles project.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 am

-Added new animations for player character (run, idle, jump, attack).
-Developed hitpoint system.
-Made powerups to restore hitpoints (health) and also to increase lifepoints (ie total number of hp).

Powerups:
red skull: increase hitpoints by 1
heart skull: restore hitpoints back to full (3 in the demo gif)
flaming skull: increase lifepoints (total hp) by 1

B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 am

Ive been working on making smashable crates, loot and a currency system.

At first I tried to use the bullet behaviour to create the effect of the loot popping up out of the smashed crate, but I couldnt get that working the way I wanted. The coins would bounce on the platforms, then just fall through.
In the end I added the physics behaviour to the loot (this is my first time experimenting with physics). It achieves the look I wanted, but I'm worried it might impact performance on mobile. There will only ever be 10-20 loot items on screen at once I guess, and they are inactive once they come to rest, so I hope that wont have too much impact? Regardless I'll have to test performance on some mobile devices soon... which means figuring out Phonegap I guess... :roll:

B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:18 am

Good job, looking forward to play it :)
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Thanks Andy. I'm hoping to have it finished by around Nov this year. See how we go.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests