Battlespace [WIP, Win8] beta testers wanted!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm

@breackzin - that's a cool idea. A mini health from the biggest motherships would actually work well - thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Wanna it even better, @EyeHawk?

In my space multiplayer game there is a triangle were you set how much you use of your limited resources on mobility,shield,firepower. Changing the position of a circle on the triangle you can go faster but your shield becomes weaker and also your firepower... in a matter your because even disable firepower and mobility to get the best of your shields in a enemy burst. It takes that moment where the huge rockets are coming and the commander yells "EVERYTHING TO THE SHIELDS"!

Of course, it works better in a world that inertia prevails, but it surely gonna put your game on the radar.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 pm

@breackzin - funnily enough that was in my original design to have resource management. I really, really, really wanted to be able to allocate power to shields in different directions much like Starfleet Command or Bridge Commander (old but cool Star Trek games), but thought I'd limit the scope otherwise I'd never finish

Definitely something I want to put in for phase 2 though!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 am

never knew about these games.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:47 am

@breackzin - check them out they were awesome games but quite old now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Starfleet_Command

Apart from resource allocation, you could beam in shock troops to attack components of the enemy's ships, send out attack shuttles and all sorts of cool things!

Actually there is also another neat indie game called Faster Than Light which revolves all around resource and crew allocation.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:11 am

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations