Beat'em Up / 2D Scrolling (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Biim wrote:Hi Danuyos,
just a quick question, does the Z-order or any other feature in the template require any plug-in?

I am trying to avoid to use any plug-in at all.

Thanks!

By the way I miss the sale! Bad luck this time :P

@Biim sorry for the late response.. absolutely NO.. all the code is 100% native.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 pm

danuyos wrote:
Biim wrote:Hi Danuyos,
just a quick question, does the Z-order or any other feature in the template require any plug-in?

I am trying to avoid to use any plug-in at all.

Thanks!

By the way I miss the sale! Bad luck this time :P

@Biim sorry for the late response.. absolutely NO.. all the code is 100% native.

That's nice to hear. I am working on something simple by myself (for another kind of game) but in the future I am thinking to create a beat'em up so I will come back to you once ready to buy your assets and save lots of time.

Thank you for your reply!
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:48 pm

a .capx please?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Bobbyneal100 wrote:a .capx please?

You need to buy it on the store.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Absolutely amazing what you've done here! Beautiful! One question please: How difficult would it be to add a "shooting" aspect to this template? Instead of punching enemies, I'd like to give the character a gun to shoot projectiles...?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:34 am

Rotgut wrote:Absolutely amazing what you've done here! Beautiful! One question please: How difficult would it be to add a "shooting" aspect to this template? Instead of punching enemies, I'd like to give the character a gun to shoot projectiles...?

Are you the same guy that emailed me?

Well I was asked the same two days ago, and I was able to make a rough test and took me like 30 minutes and about 15 lines of "non-optimized" code ( I hadn´t touched my template in years before) to get an 8-direction shooting system. So it will depend on your debugging skills... it is not just to " add code" but to analyze how the new code interacts with the rest of the template.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 pm

danuyos wrote:
Rotgut wrote:Absolutely amazing what you've done here! Beautiful! One question please: How difficult would it be to add a "shooting" aspect to this template? Instead of punching enemies, I'd like to give the character a gun to shoot projectiles...?

Are you the same guy that emailed me?

Well I was asked the same two days ago, and I was able to make a rough test and took me like 30 minutes and about 15 lines of "non-optimized" code ( I hadn´t touched my template in years before) to get an 8-direction shooting system. So it will depend on your debugging skills... it is not just to " add code" but to analyze how the new code interacts with the rest of the template.

Yeah that was me. Sorry, haven't been online in a few. Thank you for the reply. I am new starting out with C2 but I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to modify your template once I buy it. If it took you 30 minutes to get an 8-way shooting version to work, why not button that up and offer it for sale? I'd be all over it. Anyway, thanks again
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Message: omnipaws can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Hi Danuyo! I purchased this asset and let me tell you, it's amazing and helped me a lot. I have to ask you something, i changed the sprites and it works well but i have trouble with the collisions. It seems the enemy perfectly recognize when to attack and have a smooth attack range, but my character doesnt. Enemy character seems to take both AttackVRange and self range to attack while my character range seems to loose and i can't attack properly. Could you send me an email?

También hablo español.

[email protected]
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Scirra Store