Before and After

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:25 am

I got bored and decided to make a thread for the Photoshop "Airbrush" enthusiasts to post your Photoshop edits on image stock.

Here is one I did of Charlize Theron:

BEFORE

AFTER

Let's see what you guys can come up with ;)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 pm

shes FYNEE!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:24 pm

I WANNA PLAY!

dammit. My photoshop is f*ed up. I can't install it because it believes I'm trying to install two copies at the same time or something. I just bought a brand new Canon EOS 40D, so ps picked a bad time to crash. I can still use Paint shop pro though.. I'll see if i get the time to do something nice for you. I can give you this in the meantime... A HDR of a friend of mine. It got a little wrong at the right side though.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:29 am

Soldjah, Did you only use the airbrush on that photo? In that case i REALLY don't know how to use that tool! Could you give me some instructions on how you edited that image?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:43 am

[quote="Attan":bg1baqvj]Soldjah, Did you only use the airbrush on that photo? In that case i REALLY don't know how to use that tool! Could you give me some instructions on how you edited that image?[/quote:bg1baqvj]

No probs ;)

Basically, I used the clone stamp tool on the original picture just to fix a few imperfections, like freckles and whatever else.

Next, I copied the layer to a new layer, and used Gaussian Blur on it (about 5-10 pixels) and then used a blending mode of screen or vivid light (I cant remember which one). This will give that soft "glow" effect to the picture.

After that I just made a new layer each for the lips, eyes, and hair and coloured with a solid brush in the general area where I wanted the new colour to be, and used some blending modes like dodge, linear dodge, multiply, etc until I found something that looked nice.

The whole thing took me about 5-10 minutes really.

If I still have it, maybe I can send you the PSD file so can see what I did :)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:32 am

Thanks! Right now i don't have ps, but i understand the methods you used. i might try to do something like that! I've really gotten in to photography lately since i bought the camera, and I'm learning how to edit too! Thanks for the tips!
B
S
G

Return to Open Topic