Before asking beginner questions, read this!

From the Asset Store
Latency independent responsive controls. Beginner friendly documented.

Welcome to the Scirra forums and thanks for choosing Construct 2!

Perhaps you have some questions about how to get going. Remember that we have comprehensive documentation for Construct 2 in the manual. Don't forget to check if your question is already explained there.

Visit the official Construct 2 manual

Construct 2's 'Event' system may be unfamiliar, or different to what you've used in the past. See the following manual entry for an overview:

How events work

We also have a whole section of tutorials for beginners! These will help you learn the basics.

View the top rated 'Beginner' level tutorials!

Even if it's not directly related to the kind of game you want to make, we also strongly recommend running through the Beginner's Guide to Construct 2 tutorial. This describes step by step how to get going making a game, and should be very helpful for making any kind of game at all.

Be also sure to make a search through the forums. It's likely your question/answer is already posted somewhere.

If you're new and still can't find any answers by yourself, then this is the forum for you!

Help! I did a cursory search of the beginners' forum, but still have a question. I've just downloaded the free version to Construct 2 to see if I can ween myself off of Gamesalad...but I find in the very first platformer tutorial I can't find the files I'm supposed to import into the game, I've searched my C drive for the appropriate png's but the don't seem to be there. It all go very complicated after that 'cause I couldn't follow along with the tutorial.

let me know if I've downloaded the program incorrectly, need some guidance finding the files or they are not available in my version.

thanks

Mark

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Sabotcat - the beginning of the tutorial describes how you need a license to have the files, or you can use the beginner's guide with free assets. Locking this post, please post new threads and don't reply here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)