[beh] Box2d+ (2.3.0 emscripten) [update: 2017-11-18]

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 am

Ok. Quick update. A platform behavior capx is all well and good, but I think it's a little complicated for a beginner to use. So I'm going to make a helper plugin that'll control the platform movement as well as making it easy to manage one way doors and floors. This'll take me a couple of weeks go get right, then I'll be ready to release the whole package. Cheers.
Last edited by Colludium on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks for your work @Colludium, this is a very interesting project, looking forward to the next update!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 am

it seems cool!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 pm

@Colludium
Its looking great. Is it possible to add a true center of gravity to objects? Like a hammer for instance.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:01 am

@spongehammer, @Waltuo, @totoyan - thanks! And yes, you could make up a body of different densities by joining different objects with different densities using the assimilate joint (join them as fixtures). There's no way otherwise to set the center of gravity, but you can get it.

Platform behavior is coming along. I expect it'll be ready in a couple of weeks if I can find time to work on it. If there's going to be a further delay then I'll release the main plugin and promise to follow up with the helpers asap.
Last edited by Colludium on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Looks great — and has so many applications! Can't wait to see the finished result :)
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Thanks, @milkstudio :)

Just to let everyone know that the platformer assist plugin is coming along and should be ready at the end of the month, along with a wall/floor assist plugin (equivalent to the solid / jump-through plugins) to compliment each other.

I'm going to over-ride the ability for the programmer to set the collision shape for the 'player' object because it's very easy to create shapes that will catch on floor corners. The one-way doors and floors will over-ride the collision index settings as well. More to come next week.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Sigh. And hurrah! I've managed to get PreSolve functions to work without causing a massive performance hit. This means some extra events will soon be available in the main plugin, so you'll be able to carry out your own collision filtering at runtime (in addition to mask bits and collision index). It also means that I'll have to do a slight re-write of the Platform helper behavior that was approx 85% complete. Instead of raycasting all over the place and taking control of the Collision Index filter, it would be more efficient to use the PreSolve function.

My real work has been getting in the way of my work on this plugin lately, so progress has been slow - I expect to have it ready in a few weeks. Sorry for the delay, but I have changed my mind about releasing it early in case any more potentially breaking-changes are made between now and its release.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:03 am

@Colludium
great work so far!
Is it possible to simulate water surface?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 am

irina wrote:@Colludium
great work so far!
Is it possible to simulate water surface?

Thanks! Good idea. Having thought about It, it might very well be possible to add a buoyancy feature. This would involve defining a buoyancy line (the water surface position and water density via events) then have an algorithm to sequence through each fixture and determine the push force and position. I think I could make that work - iforce2d has a tutorial, iirc.

As soon as the platform helper is complete then I'll release the behaviour and work on this additional feature, perhaps as another helper plugin.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons