[BEHAVIOR] Chipmunk Physics

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:26 am

@R0J0hound

Is it possible to make a physics behavior based game for mobile using your plugin? I'm asking you that because Box2D has a poor performance for mobiles and I just discovered that now :/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:05 pm

@Prominent
For the line collision type I'm thinking I'll have the start of the line will be the left-center of the object and the end will be the right-center. That will also take care of the visualization since Behaviors can't draw anything.

@kossglobal
It should be just as possible as using box2d. That being said I don't know how this compares to box2d in performance on mobile devices.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:24 pm

@Prominent
edit2: been trying to use it, but adding forces to objects seems to mess things up. their points seem to become displaced and move all over inaccurate from the object.. weird... :\

Can you provide a capx that does this, I can't reproduce it. It's working here for me.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:08 pm

@R0J0hound , here's a capx. don't get confused by the collisions looking off(the polygons are set in a bit on the squares).. But when you just press the up arrow key and allow the player to collide with a box, afterwards, when you try going forwards, the direction is all off-kilter and wobbly so you can no longer go forwards..
wobblewarp2bug.capx

as for the line thing, that sounds good with the start at left-center and end at right-center, I do that when I have to make lines with sprites anyways, so it makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:07 pm

R0J0hound wrote:@kossglobal
It should be just as possible as using box2d. That being said I don't know how this compares to box2d in performance on mobile devices.

So mobile devices aren't your goal? Because, regarding to performance, Box2d isn't that great.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:06 am

@kossglobal
Mobile devices are not a goal, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work there. My target is first getting all the features working well first with a good design for the events. If i encounter any major problems I'll try to adress them as they come up, and every export platform should benefit from it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:25 am

R0J0hound wrote:@kossglobal
Mobile devices are not a goal, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work there. My target is first getting all the features working well first with a good design for the events. If i encounter any major problems I'll try to adress them as they come up, and every export platform should benefit from it.

Alright, thanks for the answer. :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:49 am

Your Behavior is powerful, indeed it will be useful, I'm new to Construct 2, but since I have problem with the XML/AJAX load file plugin which that seems be unable to workaround, I will certainly go back to my old Game Making software.. :(

By the way, thanks for your excellent mods !
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Update #7
+Added segment shape
note: no segment/segment collisions possible. This is a limitation of Chipmunk 6.1.1
note2: "segment shape radius" can be positive or negative. If it's positive rounded endcaps are added to either side. If it's negative the endcaps do not extend pass the width of the object.
+Added segment shape radius property.
+Added more expressions:
segmentRadius, area,
comx, comy (center of mass)
+Added descriptions for all the ACEs and change the names of the query conditions to make more sense.
+Bugfixes for:
-polor vectors were treating angles like radians. They needed to be converted in the behavior. @Prominent
-negative or zero sized objects
-a few things with changing the mass and making immovable.
-some other things I forgot to write down.

-cheers everyone
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:43 am

@R0J0hound , been trying out the new version. Seems as if it no longer pins objects together correctly. I try add pin joint, with x y location of where the pin should be based upon object.imagepointX-object.x, but it isn't accurate..

edit: i'm doing more tests.. might be my code since it works with simpler situations.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons