[Behavior demo] Platform auto tiling

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Hey!

This is just a demo I knocked up for a simple auto tiling behavior I made. Not sure if anyone has already done this but here we go...

Platform auto tile example

(Try falling.)

It's not overly complex and only for platforms. It uses 16 images in an animation strip.

It's based on Salt's bitwise method here and could be extended easily.

Will upload behavior soon!

• Rez
  • Pretty nifty, I had wanted to do similar in classic, since it'd be easier

to do solving with a plugin as compared to doing it with events.

Does it check to see which tiles are collideable or not?

• Wow! This will come in handy on a new prototype I'm working on!

Nice work!

• Pretty nifty, I had wanted to do similar in classic, since it'd be easier

to do solving with a plugin as compared to doing it with events.

Does it check to see which tiles are collideable or not?

Thanks! There is no grid/array the sprites are set based on position so you would have to snap to grid or whatever. Collision's would be handled in Construct. It's pretty easy with events in C2 as well by using separate collision checking I think. Tried it a while back.

Wow! This will come in handy on a new prototype I'm working on!

Nice work!

Nearly there with it been busy of late, hold tight!

• Awesome Sauce. Pure and Simple.

• Nice, was reading about this method the other day, will come in handy!

• so sexy O.o !!

• so sexy O.o !!

Haha thanks!

• Oh my god this is so great! I can feel the ideas starting to spin in my head.

• Very nice and thanks for mentioning that method and sharing the example! Sure seems like it'd help minimize code and optimize things.

Would be especially helpful in constructing a Terraria-like game methinks. :)

• Very nice and thanks for mentioning that method and sharing the example! Sure seems like it'd help minimize code and optimize things.

Would be especially helpful in constructing a Terraria-like game methinks. :)

Ugotsta

The full article mentions adding extra tiles Terraria style. Although the process is exponential so many many images to add! There will be faster ways of doing auto tiling. Currently my plugin only changes tiles that need changing rather than checking every tile which increases speed. This is just one optimization of probably many.

Thanks for the comment!

• Finally, I see this other than in RPG Maker XP/VX. This would be even cooler as a feature included with C2's editor, but probably not gonna happen. This an extremely powerful feature to have, in what concerns level design.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Finally, I see this other than in RPG Maker XP/VX. This would be even cooler as a feature included with C2's editor, but probably not gonna happen. This an extremely powerful feature to have, in what concerns level design.

This is a pretty simple thing to do in Construct 2 especially with the new condition: overlap at offset! Have a go!

• 00Rez

This is a realy nice Behaviour.

I would like to use it for an custom editor.

Could you post an example file for the auto tiling behavior please?

That would be nice.

• when you have ready the behavior?

thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)