[Behavior] Grid based sight

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:30 pm

That didn't work for me, but it doesn't matter. I found that if you change from Destination Out to Destination In (on the lightcell of course) it works perfectly fine.
I know I have a lot of questions, but this thing has a ton of potential so I'm really trying to get the most out of it.
So my next question is: How can you change the "core" size of the light? By default it seems that the light starts from a single block (and its full strength there) and gets gradually dimmer. The core is that single full brightness block. So how can I change it to be instead of 1X1 to be (for example) a 3X3 core?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:28 pm

@bowiz2

100 - round(min((distance(Sun.X, Sun.Y, Sun.Sight.CurPixelX, Sun.Sight.CurPixelY))/(Sun.Sight.Radius * Sun.Sight.Tilesize),1) * 100)

This above should work set the LightCell effect to "Destination out."

Finally, the drop off effect as I've mentioned (the core bit you talk about) is some elaborate maths which at the moment I can't think of, try Google!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Rez - I really like what you have done so far and I question whether this can be done even more efficiently without the use of sprites - I wonder if drawing vectors with canvas to create the effect would be better in the end.

something I looked up

I don't know if you'll continue to work on this plugin or not - I just wanted to share that link to see if the second example was possible
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:29 pm

[QUOTE=ViLe] Hi Rez - I really like what you have done so far and I question whether this can be done even more efficiently without the use of sprites - I wonder if drawing vectors with canvas to create the effect would be better in the end.

something I looked up

I don't know if you'll continue to work on this plugin or not - I just wanted to share that link to see if the second example was possible[/QUOTE]

I understand there are vector functions for plugins however I noticed Ashley mention about slow down using to many of these. I wanted to leave the rendering to the designer rather than my plugin as this can be used for many different things.

If I come across a good method I would add it to the plugin believe you me!

I'll have a look at your reference. Thanks Vile!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:29 am

Hi,

I just tried to download your behavior, but it appears that the link is no more available? Is there a place where can we find it?

Thank you for sharing your work!
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:26 pm

@Beurt

Sorry for the delay Beurt.

Seems I may have deleted the original files will sort this out tonight for you.

I'm currently working on a much, hopefully, simpler cleaned up version which also includes path finding. The behaviors new name will be "Rogue" as it incorporates two functions relating to roguelikes; path finding and grid based sight! One thing I don't like with my current release is it's usability and accessibility which will hopefully be much better in this next release.

Speed wise not much difference although rendering is better in the new releases of Construct 2 anyways.

Watch this space, once I've ironed out the bugs a new version will be uploaded!

P.S. Two things eluding me at the moment, a way to have smooth timed movement and shadow rendering from the runtime...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:44 am

[QUOTE=00Rez] @Beurt

Sorry for the delay Beurt.

Seems I may have deleted the original files will sort this out tonight for you.

I'm currently working on a much, hopefully, simpler cleaned up version which also includes path finding. The behaviors new name will be "Rogue" as it incorporates two functions relating to roguelikes; path finding and grid based sight! One thing I don't like with my current release is it's usability and accessibility which will hopefully be much better in this next release.

Speed wise not much difference although rendering is better in the new releases of Construct 2 anyways.

Watch this space, once I've ironed out the bugs a new version will be uploaded!

P.S. Two things eluding me at the moment, a way to have smooth timed movement and shadow rendering from the runtime... [/QUOTE]

The link *should* work now.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 pm

@new plugin: I look forward to it.

In the meantime, though, could you upload an example project using this plugin? The download doesn't come with one, and I can't figure out how light cells work. :c
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 pm

@ 00Rez

The link is working perfectly now: thanks !

I'm eager to test your new plugin :-)
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 pm

@seven
@Beurt

New version uploaded still alpha let me know what you think and if any problems occur...

Rez
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons