[Behavior] LiteTween

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 5:59 am

Wow man thanks that was fast and is VERY usefull for projects :)
B
S

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 7:09 am

Words cannot express my gratitude. You made job of so many of us so much easier.
Thank you kindly. Genui creation.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 am

@lunarray

Hey I've got additional question/request if I may :)
It would be very helpfull to be able to quickly determine if ANY tweens are currently running in project. Let me give you example why I think its usefull.

When main menu of game starts, things are tweened in. But if game is resized tweens reset and start again (thats to prevent UI from going bazookas on me because I do my own anchoring to be able to use your wondefull plugin). Player can click "play game" button while it is still tweening. Things will then jump to tween end (so player can skip animations and just start playing sooner) and all user interface will start tweening out. Once it tweens out - game automatically switches layouts.

So the thing you see is its very nice for me to know if ANY tweens run virtually anywhere in the project.
Do you have any solutions (I know how to do it with events in construct but it will turn my projects into spaghetti in longer term).

I would gladly donate you some money as well if you wish through paypal, once my next game sells :)
B
S

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 5:47 pm

@lunarray
Thank you very much, this plugin is gold for C2 :D It helps me skip a lot of events, math and time to make the game very eyecandy ;)

I have the following events that works great:
(player's animation jumps and player's shadow moves on ground in a direct line to the destination point ... the schematic from here)

But when I tried the same kind of events for another action, I get a strange behavior ...
(when the player is hit by an enemy, is knocked back with the speed decreasing (using LiteTween) until the speed reaches 0, waits 5 seconds and after that, player's movement returns to normal)

What am I doing wrong ?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 12:19 am

I can use this behavior to grid movement?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 12:35 am

@TGeorgeMihai

I'm not sure if I can debug that with just a picture, I probably need a simple capx with that problem to be able to help. However, I tried to make a similar thing using tween position.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/553 ... erHit.capx

As for your code, I think you forgot to "Set Value" before tweening value. FYI, Set Value set the initial value for value tween while "Set Target" set the target value. If you didn't do that, the initial value will be either zero or the value from the last tween.

Also, I think you shouldn't use angle+180 to push player, it will produce strange result if the enemy hit a player from behind or when facing left/right. It will only produce correct result if the player is hit from the front.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 12:42 am

@Wenaptic
Probably yes. I haven't tried it myself, though I think there won't be problem with it.

@PKrawczynski
That is an interesting problem which I also have encountered along when making UI tweens, can you wait for awhile about it? I need to think over whether or not that feature should be implemented in LiteTween because i don't want it to become bloated. Maybe a storyboard/tweengroup/timeline plugin to control multiple LiteTween? Or should I stay with implementing it in LiteTween, that's a tough decision :3
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 6:19 pm

@lunarray
Thank you, I will try to find where my error is. If I can't figure it by myself, I will post the .capx file :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 5:44 pm

I have been inactive from Construct since last fall.

Why hasn't a tweening system like this been incorporated into Construct 2 proper yet? Tweening is such an integral part of adding polish to 2D game development.
B
S

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 3:02 am

@cannedessence it seems kinda moot since litetween pretty much takes care of it. although I realize it would be nice if it were just in there as part of the established engine. new users don't always know to go to the forums to find a plugin..

but in the scheme of things.. a solution exists for those who care to search for it. I'm happy to see them adding new things that don't have solutions (like this latest shadow effect) with the time they have.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons