[Behavior] MultiPlayer + online demo

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 pm

What if i use a cocoonJS plugin? Isn't cocoonJS supposed to support multiplayer gaming?
B

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 am

[QUOTE=aceofpack] @velojet

No worries, I'm going to explore your code and aim to help you achieve this goal.[/QUOTE]
@aceofpack
Great! Very happy to have your interest and involvement!

[QUOTE=aceofpack]... This means that a method of generating code to be inserted server side can be dreamt of. This is what velojet is actually doing here. He's used code from the runtime that he could run on the server.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps I need to clarify this. What happens is that my server code uses NowJS callbacks that are implemented in the C2 runtime. There's no code from the runtime that runs on the server.

[QUOTE=mathiaswing] But is this plugin only made for ppl who have a server, or is this a plugin to connect to a already setup server?[/QUOTE]
@mathiaswing
Ppl need to set up a server for the C2 runtime to communicate with - but I provide all the code needed to implement that (using the NodeJS and NowJS libraries (see my OP)).

[QUOTE=mathiaswing] What if i use a cocoonJS plugin? Isn't cocoonJS supposed to support multiplayer gaming?[/QUOTE]
Haven't used CocoonJS myself, but my understanding is that it simply uses WebSockets to support client<->client multiplaying, without the intervention of an authoritative server to manage and arbitrate (and to red-card cheaters).Velojet2013-02-06 03:30:34
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 am

[QUOTE]Perhaps I need to clarify this. What happens is that my server code uses NowJS callbacks that are implemented in the C2 runtime. There's no code from the runtime that runs on the server.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes sorry. This is all bespoke. I see now how this works after delving deeper. I was looking at c2runtime.js to see if there could be a way to lift code from it for the server but there are some serious arrays within arrays in there! Not sure how it's structured.
B

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Velotjet: I've just received newsletter from photon that apparently the new javascript for photon cloud is out. Maybe there is hope for C2 for realtime action multiplayer? :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:27 pm

@Yung
Yes, I'm in contact with the Photon developers and am starting work on a C2 behavior/plugin for the Photon Cloud.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Hey again. I can say my spesific idea. (might be a bit naiv writing it in a public thread like this, but i don't really mind it, not very revoulutionary idea anyways)

I would like to make a competetive game where you can search for a random(likely a similar-ranked player) opponent. The game itself is that you get a board or whatever i should call it with a given number of objects that you are meant to destroy(by clicking them, or hitting them if it's a phonedevice game). For instance player 1 gets 10 blue baloons that he wants to crack, and similarly player 2 gets 10 red ones. The objective is to crack all the baloons of you respective color before your opponent. You can misclick and help your opponent by cracking his baloons. Idea is a fastpaced intense competetive game.

My question is will this be possible to achieve with your plugin/behavior, or will it not be responsive enough to handle a fastpaced game like this?
B

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 am

@mathiaswing
I suggest you try my demo game (see my OP) and decide for yourself.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 pm

UPDATE

I used NowJS to implement the server<->client communication. Support for NowJS has ceased, as has further development. So the same (reluctantly!) goes for my Multiplayer behavior.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Has anybody looked into Chilly Framework, it seems to be a great solution for achieving our goals.

http://chillyframework.com/

They have an example project on there and their nodeJs supports NPM modules.
B

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Has there been any updates on a solid multiplayer integration which protects against possible cheaters?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons