If yes, then you know how much pain it is!
You have to figure out how to position your backgrounds/foregrounds correctly,
... how to apply parallax effects from the bottom of the layout (floating mountains ? Been there!),
... how to make backgrounds wrap around the screen as the player scrolls in a random direction,
... and most of the time you will rage-quit after dealing with lots of layers, each with its own parallax value.
Using this addon, you can get a nice parallax effect for your game in no time!
- You can place all your backgrounds in the same layer if you wish.
- Easily implementable parallax backgrounds that wrap around your layout!
- You have full control over your backgrounds, they stay exactly where you place them in the editor, no matter how big your screen or layout are!
- Backgrounds fully adapts to your screen size, zoom, or layout size. Everything stays smooth no matter what you do to your viewport!
- Ideal for side-scrolling games such as platformers, infinite runners, shooters, … etc.
- Detailed manual for painless integration in your project.
- Examples projects provided
- Can be used with Tiledbackgrounds (in 1.0), but also with animated Sprites (coming soon in 1.1)
Overview of the features in version 1.1
Demo of version 1.0
(latest) Version 1.1 (uploaded: 02 Feb 2017, small bug fix: 15 April 2017)
Version 1.0 (18 Dec 2015)
If you find this addon useful, please consider purchasing a license on the Scirra store: https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-behaviours/parallax-background-1807
Demo Game (arrow keys to scroll, X/C to zoom) (will be reuploaded soon)
You are allowed to use this addon in your personal or commercial games, you are not allowed to resell it as is, or as a part of a template or an addon, you are not allowed to distribute it for free in your free templates or addons, instead, please redirect your users/clients to this forum thread or to the product page on the asset store.
For questions or bug-reports, please contact me at [email protected] or post a reply below.