[Behavior] Pin+

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Pin+

Works just like the pin behavior, but has more features.

You can pin other properties besides the default;

position/angle,

width/height, (w/h size, w/h size relative, x/y scale, x/y scale relative)

zindex/layer,

opacity,

visibility,

collisionEnabled,

timescale,

hotspotX/hotspotY,

imagepoint,

animation,

frame,

mirror,

flip,

destroy

There are also expressions to receive the states of each, as well as actions to set them. You can also have them preset in the properties window.

When you pin an object, it will ask for a mode, such as position only/position and angle, etc. It will only reposition if you have the x,y property enabled and only set angle if the angle property enabled.

download link:

r8 (new): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHSZHEulqh_gg2mU5cKBvCFdUKo

r7 (old): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHSZHEulqh_ggeYd6-9HIeFgikN

edit: here's a simple capx example

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHSZHEulqh_gX4lAkddZ560rWic

• Is there "pin to hotspot" meant to pin the object to the other's origin point? Any chance you could add a "pin to image point" option to enter a number of the image point you wish to pin to?

thx

great work!

• justifun , That's a good idea- I'll have to look into that and see what can be done.

• Is there "pin to hotspot" meant to pin the object to the other's origin point? Any chance you could add a "pin to image point" option to enter a number of the image point you wish to pin to?

thx

great work!

Rex has a pin to image point plugin that you can use for that

Prominent But very nice plugin and a great addition to C2 Keep up the great work!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • (attached myself to this topic to follow updates, sorry 2 disturb)

• Thanks!

justifun , I uploaded new version that includes ability to specify the imagepoint. Also added "Enabled 2" option to the x,y, angle properties if you want to disregard initial distances/angle offsets.

• uploaded fixed version..

• Awesome ! Thanks!

• Updated behavior: You can now pin Animation and Frame.

This is useful if for instance you want a character to have different clothing- you can set the clothing to have same animation name as the base sprite, and when the base animation changes, the clothing will also change to the same animation.

You can also set the Frame to be pinned as well- so the pinned object will always have same frame number as the object it is pinned to.

• Prominent Tried this and it is great. Thank you for making it

If I could wish for two extra features it would be these:

Mirror --> mirror pinned object based on the object it is pinned to

Relative size --> Scale pinned object based on the pinned object change in scale.

• Prominent Tried this and it is great. Thank you for making it

If I could wish for two extra features it would be these:

Mirror --> mirror pinned object based on the object it is pinned to

Relative size --> Scale pinned object based on the pinned object change in scale.

Good suggestions. I suppose a flipped option would be useful as well as mirrored.

I'll work on adding those.

For the relative size, are you imagining it would work something like this:

if parent object increases scale by 5% of parent size, increase child object by 5% of child size ?

I could probably add that as options under the Width/Height properties.

I could probably add another option for adjusting by pixels too- like if parent scales by 5px, then child also scales by 5px.

I'll work on all these.

• Okay, uploaded new versions R5:

added more options to the Width/Height properties. (relative width/height, scale x/y, scale relative x/y)

added Mirror and Flip properties.

Also corresponding expressions/actions to get/set those.

Anonnymitet

• Prominent - Great work!

• Prominent - im getting a dupicate ACE table error when installing R5

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

ACE table: Action ID duplicated in ACE table

Condition: act_ids.find(id) == act_ids.end()

File: c:\c2\source\exporters\html5\..\..\common\ERAHelpers.h

Line: 238

Function: void __cdecl era::ACETable::AddAction(int,int,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,void (__cdecl *)(const class era::StaticResult **,int,class era::StaticEvaluation *))

Build: release 243 (64-bit) checked

Component: HTML5 exporter

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)