[Behavior] Platform+ An enhanced behavior

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Platform Plus

Platform Plus

Download here:

Platform Plus download

Demo

Help installing behaviors here:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic45737.html

Scirra�s default platform behavior lacks of some nice functionality, this is why Im implementing some of the functionality I need on a plataform object.

Since I like better to code than using C2 to generate events Im modifiying the script so it behaves as I need.

Changes in version 1.6

-Added the Stomp skill

Changes in version 1.3

-Added wall jump functionality

-Added wall jump parameter for configuration in Construct

Changes in version 1.2

-Added double jump functionality

-Added setDoubleJump event to enable/disable double jump from Construct

-Added double jump parameter for configuration in Construct

Changes in version 1.1

-Added hold jump functionality

-Added jump control parameter for configuration in Construct

Future changes

• Possibility to define how many jumps you can do
    • Dash
    • Crouch

To do

• Add events for the player when its currently stick to the wall
    • Add events to enable wall jump

If you think you can help me pls do it and send me an email or post on the forum thread in Scirra�s site.hazneliel2013-04-06 00:12:07

• I see only now that .. thanks for sharing and please continue update!

:)

Thanks ..

• Thanks hazneliel.

• Your welcome.

Just added the Wall jump functionality, I belive this is a most wanted functionality.

I would apreciate any feedback to help me improve the gameplay.

• Nice behaviours. Thanks for sharing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Would you add sprite angle change when is on ramp?

• I think for wall jump and double jump the importants options to include are if it should work on Jump/Ascent, Descent, or anytime in the jump arc. As well as should it work if they fell off a ledge instead of jumping.

• I think for wall jump and double jump the importants options to include are if it should work on Jump/Ascent, Descent, or anytime in the jump arc. As well as should it work if they fell off a ledge instead of jumping.

Currently Double jump works if you fall off a ledge, I may put an option to enable/disable it but not sure at this moment.

About the options to double/wall jump on ascent or descent Im not sure about the use of it, I cant imagine situations for its use.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

• Would you add sprite angle change when is on ramp?

Since the sprite is controled outside the behavior I belive I can get the angle of the current floor and save it on a variable so you can access it from Construct, then you assign that variable to the sprite angle.

I will research about this a little further in the future.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

• This looks great. nice job!

Currently Double jump works if you fall off a ledge, I may put an option to enable/disable it but not sure at this moment.

Yes, please do.

• Well, wasn't expecting to find this. This looks good, though I think the lack of being able to double-jump after wall-jumping is jarring, but I've also got some recommendations:

• Crouching... Erm, I don't think that's really needed in a behaviour. All it really is is mainly just a change in animation and collision and, depending on whether the player can move while doing so, not move or just move slowly. Nothing a couple of variables can't do. Basic as hell.
    • As said, being able to double-jump after wall-jumping.
    • Multi-jump, up to any number of jumps.
    • Being able to adjust the angle and force of a wall-jump (for stuff like Mega Man X-style wall-jumping, for example).
    • Ledge-hanging.
    • Dashing, and having multiple options for dashing (such as locking movement controls, a timer on the dash duration if desired, etc).
  • - As said, being able to double-jump after wall-jumping.

You can double jump after wall-jumpig.

I will be working on adding more functionality to this, thanks for your comments =)

• Actually, to be more specific, I meant being able go from a double-jump to a wall-jump and then do another double-jump after jumping off a wall, if that makes sense to you. You can pretty much do that in the later Mega Man X games with Zero, if I recall.

Also, I just remembered, having a variable to control wall-slide speed (for example, some characters may slide down walls quicker, and you could press down to slide down quicker, like in the Mega Man Zero games).

• Super wall jump! Congratz!

• hazneliel nice job,tnx a lot

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)