Behavior properties

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Finally back to dabbling with Construct, decided to give v2 a try and it's nice to see it's progressed pretty well. Anyway, while putting together a small game engine to explore all the features I ran into some things and was wondering if there's some easy ways out or if I'll simply have to code my way out of them.

1) Wrap and Bound to layout (and Destroy outside layout) behaviors don't have any properties at all. It would've been nice if you could enable/disable these behaviors on the fly to make your object behave differently when they reach the edge of the layout depending on conditions. Guess it's down to coding your own wrapping and bounding behaviors as of right now.

2) There doesn't seem to be a way to set the direction of the Bullet behavior's gravity, let alone during runtime. As far as my search-fu has gotten me, it seems people are using the Physics behavior to simulate this. Perhaps I just need to get a better grasp of it, but as of now Physics has been a tricky behavior to use with some weird results when I try to apply it to bullets (oddly, I can't seem to find an option to disable physics behavior, am I overlooking it?). Would be convenient if you could change the direction of bullet gravity on the fly, say to simulate wind or something affecting trajectory.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. You can easily do these behaviors with events, so it's not such a big deal.

2. You could use something like custom movement behavior and a bit of trig to set your own gravity. It probably doesn't have this property as 99% of games wouldn't need it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)