[BEHAVIOR] Sonic Physics

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:41 pm

How goes the plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:15 am

Effectively no progress since the last update, unfortunately, I have been busy with other things. I have a small break in a week or so, when I can hopefully sit down and work on this for a bit. I'll be sure to post any updates here when I have them.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:52 pm

hey it's been a while since the last update, how's it going?
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:23 pm

This time round there has been a bit of progress. I'm not quite able to throw myself right into it, but my last exam for the semester is tomorrow, and after that I should have a lot more time to dedicate to things.
I'm currently tackling the tilemaps, or more specifically tackling the way I retrieve angle so that it works with tilemaps. I'm also, by coincidence, making it work better with running off ramps. If you put a 45-degree-rotated square sprite down somewhere and try to run off it at speed, you'll notice there are issues.
I don't quite want to put out a specific date, because as is evident, sometimes stuff happens and I can't stick to them, but I'd sort of like to have a new release and a template to go with it ready by SAGE, which'll be around the 11th of December.
The behaviour itself will be updated here as soon as it's ready, though, of course.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Good luck, can't wait to see this finished. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:01 am

No new release yet, but I felt it was worth giving a quick update since I mentioned the 11th as a potential release date. Progress has been pretty good so far, I got the bulk of the work on the angle stuff done, so I'm well on the way to getting something released, though as usual, I'd probably best not give a date I can't guarantee.
As it turns out, SAGE has been delayed, which doesn't really have a bearing on this, but I guess it means that if I get a template going by the new deadline (whenever that is) I could get something submitted, so at least I don't have to write that off till next SAGE.
Anyway, this weekend will probably be taken up by the Ludum Dare, so I may not be able to get further work done for a bit yet. Thanks again for your patience, guys!
Also, Rilem, that looks pretty cool, I've never actually put any sprites to the behaviour yet, so it's good to see it looks ok! I assume you're just setting the sprite to SurfaceAngle there, or are you interpolating things somewhere?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Really amazing engine, love the way it's a nice behaviour, tight and tidy. This could potentially take over the crown of Sonic Worlds in the indie sonic dev community.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Thanks! As long as it can end up as at least a viable alternative I'd be pretty happy.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 am

Yeah I'm using the SurfaceAngle, but I'm using construct's "rotate to" function to interpolate between the angles.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Rilem wrote:Good luck, can't wait to see this finished. :)

How'd you get the surface rotation to work here exactly?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons