[Behavior] Spaceship Movement Behavior

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 am

It breaks my heart that I don't have time to update this behavior... I have many features planned for this, including:
  • strafing - moving sideways
  • dead reckoning - returns the coordinates of where you'll be X miliseconds from now or where you were X miliseconds ago
  • multiple engines - you can have multiple engines with varying degrees of power in different locations with different angles
  • NPC - a version that can be automated and doesn't rely on key presses
  • Thrust [to/through] coordinate - Make the npc fly to/through a coordinate
...all working in partial states in different construct versions. I wish I could say "I'm going to implement them all soon and there will be a big update!" but that's just not true. I'm stuck with humongous projects and if my life continues in it's current path (which I hope it does), I'll be busy for the next 2 years at least!

I love developing plugins for construct 2, and I even had some stuff relating to stream loading tile-based maps from a remote server, inventory management, and was working on a multi-level variable parser plugin with jquery syntax (example: object.vars("status.attributes.health")), but then the market exploded with requests for consulting and projects, and a construct update broke nearly everything I had. It's probably trivial to fix, but alas there is no time.

Meanwhile, my huge gigantic ambitious project (that is my inspiration for developing those plugins) is on hiatus due to multiplayer not supporting UDP (yet) and my complete lack of free time.

In any case, thanks for all the feedback guys! I hope I can squeeze some time eventually to at least fix the bugs! It's nice to see people still derive value from my work!Fimbul2013-04-27 06:34:04
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for this I am finding very useful and easy to use. Thanks again
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks for this plugin. Really usefull. Though I'm having problem with not being able to change the 'MaxSpeed' with events. Just that one. I have to directly change it in the behavior menu. '
Is it a bugg or am I missing something?

I took a look in the behavior files but since I'm not a programmer I weren't able to the find source of the problem.

Thanks!
B

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:20 am

So strafing is not working? I was looking for something like this but need strafing. :/
I tried to combine the car and custom movement and it seems to work so far. Car for accel/brake and custom movement for the strafing.

the bits are from top to bottom: left, up, right, down arrow, break-key
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 5:42 am

stumbled on here because I was looking for Strafe..

@Bl4ckSh33p How is the CustomMove/Car working? also, why are you using getbit()? is it because multiplayer?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 30, 2015 10:39 pm

@Fimbul is this behavior still supported? I'm having issues with the values of the behaviors "moving angle" its not the same angles that C2 uses.

Moving in the RIGHT direction with the Spaceship behavior returns an angle of 180 whereas C2 considers this angle 0
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:03 am

dead link
мертвая ссылка, удалите пост не вводите людей в заблуждение
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Great behaviour, thanks for sharing! :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Can you add gravity like in bullet behavior?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Addons