[Behaviour]-Dock

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 am

Hi! There is another of my plugins, this time a behavior, which i decided to do because i was unable to get work the vanilla Anchor even rex-anchor mod never worked for me, i dont know if those behaviors works for you, well i made my own docking plugin and this one works nicely.

Docks, works just like its name states, use this to dock objects to the edges or corners of the screen, its useful for creating UIs even you can give it some offsets so it docks using some margins.

the behavior:
old version
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

new versions
1.1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8613P ... sp=sharing
1.2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8613P ... sp=sharing

Changes in version 1.2:
- Added new property (in Editor) 'Keep size' which prevents resizing when using edge docking (Left, Top, Right or Bottom).
- Added a new action to set Keep size via runtime.

Changes in version 1.1:
- Added new action to setup offsets.
- Added 4 expressions to retrieve each offset.

PD: sorry my bad english not my native language.
Last edited by Yaottabyte on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 pm

This looks great! Thank you!

Is it possible to add actions to change the offsets with events? This could be really helpful!

Thanks again!
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:07 pm

@Yaottabyte

Nice work! I wish I had this at the start of my last game!
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:49 am

Hi guys i'm so sorry for the late, i was something sick around last months, but i'm back.
@eli0s: of course as soon as possible i will add a couple of actions to setup offsets.

@cjbruce: Thanks, well i started to coding plugins just recently so that plugins was needed a lot for me, also a long time ago, that was my motivation to make my own docking plugin. i hope this still be helpful for you.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:54 am

@Yaottabyte , no worries, I'm glad you are back, I hope you're well and fully recovered!!!

I thank you in advance for your time and effort!
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:16 pm

@eli0s iagree with the essence!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 am

Hi guys! updated to version 1.1, check out the top post. I'd added the features asked by @eli0s. Hope those changes fits to your needs.

Get fun! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:35 pm

@Yaottabyte , Thank you so much!!! This is how the default anchor behavior should behave! This is actually very useful when dynamically applying positions based on layout/screen widths/heights!!!

Thank you again for the behavior and the update!

:D
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 pm

When i pick Top/Left/Right?Bottom - it stretches the sprite to the width of the layout. Is it possible to have a checkbox or dropbown that prevents that behavior?

to keep the aspect ratio of the sprite, but still pins it to the side of the screen?
(and therefore keeping the X or Y value of the sprite where its originally placed too)

thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi @justifun, yes sure, it is possible to add an optional param to tells Dock not to stretch the object, so just fits it to the chosen screen's edge instead, let me review the behavior code and make the changes and so then i'll post the new features...

EDIT:
@justifun, already done, i'd added that functionality to the behavior i hope it fits to your needs. Good Luck!
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Addons