Being Struck By Lightning Is Probably The Best Way To Die

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:34 am

Good work getting in PCG! :)

You could probably fix the collision detection problems you mentioned earlier - if you set minimum FPS to 60, it'll slow down instead of skipping a frame.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:27 am

Wow, thanks guys. I'm really amazed the game got around as much as it did.

I think the FPS was set to 60 - I don't have the source with me at the moment but I'll check.
B
G

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:10 am

Oops, should've explained that better: The framerate will probably be 60 (that's default) - but you may want to change the 'minimum framerate' setting, which is under 'Advanced' in the same section.

If you set your minimum framerate to the same as framerate, then the game will slow down when the framerate drops (rather than skipping frames.) This is good for games that need accuracy, because you never miss collision detection due to a skipped frame.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:12 am

I too was forced to quit at "take your time." Otherwise, awesome game! Would be thoroughly enjoyed if not for that brick-wall of a level.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 am

I got to the last level (the one that is "Theoretically Possible") but was just to tired to try and beat it.

Great game though! Frustratingly challenging games are fun to play, and even more fun to watch friends play :)
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 am

[quote="Mort":nfpmwdw3]Oops, should've explained that better: The framerate will probably be 60 (that's default) - but you may want to change the 'minimum framerate' setting, which is under 'Advanced' in the same section.

If you set your minimum framerate to the same as framerate, then the game will slow down when the framerate drops (rather than skipping frames.) This is good for games that need accuracy, because you never miss collision detection due to a skipped frame.[/quote:nfpmwdw3]

Alright, thanks. Got it now. I'll try that as soon as I have access to the source file again.
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 am

I just seen your game on [url:hfarfkmj]http://www.bytejacker.com[/url:hfarfkmj]
here is the youtube video. [url:hfarfkmj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK-Z8SYphOM[/url:hfarfkmj]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:41 am

This is kinda flattering and depressing at the same time...

The good: My game was remade in Flash! Here! I didn't link to the actual game because...

The bad: Whoever did this did not contact me at all, and most of the graphics and level designs are completely unchanged. He's also put up ads in the game, so he's profiting off of my work, I guess. Right now on Kongregate alone the game has over 10,000 plays, while the original has less then 4000 so far.

He does credit me in the game and the description now, as some people brought it up (although he does not link back to the games page.) I did find a thread back when he was attempting to get sponsored, and it seems as if the credits page where he credited me is not included and theres no mention in the post, [url=https://www.mochimedia.com/community/forum/topic/game-jump-run-jump-stop-jump-run-looking-for-a-s:39gryoo2]here.[/url:39gryoo2]

I'm not really sure what to think of this... I don't know if theres anything I can do about it, I've tried to contact the developer on why he didn't contact me about this. I wouldn't have had a problem with him porting my game to flash, and he could've used the original name and kept the original concept. (He replaced the lightning clouds with little doors that say "exit".)

Obviously I'm new to game development as a whole and this has never happened to me, just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do, if I can do anything.
B
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:47 pm

The best thing that you, or any of us can do, is give the guy loads of shit.

I'm going there now to post comments about how he stole the game.

Cheerio!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:11 pm

kind of a dickhead. Tim Langdell of freeware games i guess :P, make sure he doesnt trademark the name :O.

im guessing this guy just print screened your levels and used em as a single picture with collision detection in flash. with minimal edits
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations