Benchmarking [Need help]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:08 am

I'm currently developing a 2D Open World game. It's supposed to be a big world, but I started doubting whether Construct 2 has the strength to power such a big game world. On the other hand my hardware is pretty outdated so some new hardware might do the trick. I did a few benchmarks:
Notes; Some side notes.

ATI/AMD HD Radeon 4350
64-Bit Win7 Home Premium
Conclusion: My system can handle about 3500 objects on fullscreen and 7500+ objects in a scaled screen. Is this the average Construct 2 can handle, or am I limited by my machine? (That's what I think)

I'm hoping for a reply by one of Constructs 2 Creators to be sure :)
B

Post » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am

I posted this here not only because I needed help but also for others to see the benchmark result so that's why I posted it on this board. And all of these objects were moving.
B

Post » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:48 pm

If by scaled to 50/60% you mean resizing the window, at a guess it sounds like you're hitting the pixel fill rate limits of your graphics card, but that doesn't go along with what you said before in the other thread asking about stuff rendering offscreen. Pixel fill rate, btw, is not a c2 limit, that's a hardware limit, cards can only draw so many pixels per second. Without seeing a screenshot or your capx it's hard to tell, though.Arima2013-02-27 18:51:41
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Scaling means I re-sized the window with letterbox scaling. I linked to this because I'm trying to get a good performance for my sandbox game. Thanks for taking a look. I was planning on upgrading my hardware anyway
B

Return to How do I....?