Post » Thu May 15, 2014 5:11 am

Super Ubie Land
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 5:30 am

Jase00 wrote:I think Courier is extremely visually appealing :P
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =252299679

Thanks! :-) I think Courier looks nice, too!

Penelope and Airscape are the prettiest to me. Cosmochoria, Shards, Red Riding Hood, Forgotten Legends, Reven, Star Nomad, and Sword 'N' Board all look really nice, too!

The list keeps getting longer and longer as more impressive stuff is made with C2. I do wish there was a better way to showcase these types of projects on the site rather than have them buried in the forum or purely word of mouth. Even a rotating community focus would go a long way and give people something else to strive for.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks. Some of those look really good.

Yes i fully agree. The games should be showcased on the website to show to people what the engine can do.
People respond to good looking things. It could be the best game ever but if looks crappy no one is going to pay attention. Well at least not the masses.

Its really hard finding games that were made with C2 that stands out.
B
S

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 8:14 am

Ldk wrote:Its really hard finding games that were made with C2 that stands out.

A lot of big games don't like to disclose how they were made. In fact you go out of your way to hide that you used xyz - lol.

My vote goes with this as sexiest c2 game
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 8:44 am

@Arima these are the famous Greeklish and spy84 is giving me a very touching praise :oops: :lol:

@spy84 Thank you very much for your kind words :) I'll pm you a more native response ;)
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Ohh well there are a lot of games with cool graphics around :)

I like :
Airscape and Penelope most I guess!

....and this bear-diving game I played was cute^^
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 9:02 am

Airscape, Penelope are my two favorites for visual presentation.

Most of the good looking ones are on PC.

For mobiles, I think Poise is very attractive and Street Kung-Fu is great looking too.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Arima wrote:@spy84 please stick to English or provide a translation with your post.

ok sorry if i translate it, it goes like "you are the man your game is an artistic masterpiece"
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 1:58 pm

DUTOIT wrote:
Ldk wrote:Its really hard finding games that were made with C2 that stands out.

A lot of big games don't like to disclose how they were made. In fact you go out of your way to hide that you used xyz - lol.

My vote goes with this as sexiest c2 game

Is there a reason for this? Are games looked down upon if made with certain tools?
B
S

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Ldk wrote:
Is there a reason for this? Are games looked down upon if made with certain tools?

Simple answer - Yes.
A game should stand as a completed work, and not what toolset was used to create it...But in my experience, and it is a mindset of end users, who have opinions in general that if they know how it was made they box it into what they think its "value" is.
If a book (a) took 7 days to write and book (b) took 9 years - people assume the 9 year book is better. Its just the way it is.

By removing any info about the creation, allows the end product to represent itself in its completed state.
Of course sometimes it is beneficial to stress how it was made, as it becomes a great marketing venture with software creators etc.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General