Best Method of Publishing to Android Google Play?

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:37 pm

use cocoonplus plugin to close the app
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 am

This Thread has confused me. I have just finished making an interactive book with C2 and want to put it on the google play store so I came on here to find out how to do that. I was under the impression that C2 could produce an app that was ready to go for various platforms depending on what options you chose when you finished it. Is this not the case? It's really too daunting if you have to learn C2, then have to investigate how to then choose another program and learn that in order to publish a finished product. Surely this is not in accordance with how C2 is marketed? I did pay for the program because I wanted to support the developers.
Adapt,Overcome and Conquer.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:14 am

same file , intel xdk export = 20mb cocoonjs export = 7 mb , cocoon best :)

coconjs apk export tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCp9Exurlps

note : orginal music folder copy in media folder , and delete keyboard and mouse in project .
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:19 am

If you're having trouble exporting using Cocoon.IO, seeking assistance on this forum is not really a good idea. You would receive better assistance on the actual Cocoon.IO forums where the actual community that uses the service is.

Am I having trouble using the Cocoon.IO? Yes.

I made an APK, launched it, The two splash screens show and when my actual game starts after 3 seconds the game closes. But I'm gonna solve this problem because my game can actually launch, has good performance, and I've implemented everything I've wanted to.
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:32 pm

try to follow Google Play guidelines, maybe there is another requirements you're missing to publish your games.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:42 pm

al3abmizo wrote:try to follow Google Play guidelines, maybe there is another requirements you're missing to publish your games.

If you're talking about me, then I think I kinda solved it, or at least I learned what the problem is. It's the Cocoon Plugins I'm using. I disabled the IAP events and now the app works, so gotta figure out why it's crashing with those....
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello,

And to sum up?
What is the best/easiest way to publish a game in Google Play?

Cheers,

Ouais
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 am

Draimond wrote:I was trying to keep it broad because the main question was:

KeyStore - Signing - ZipAligning
This was a painful experience for a noob to be undertaking... -_-
I hate this part so much. Download an old version of java (which u need an oracle business account to get!) because the new ones don't work. I can't remeber what else I had to download at this point, think I ended up with 3 versions of Java XDK, Android XDK, Intel XDK and something else... ALL JUST TO SIGN THE BLOODY THING!
When doing it manually, save a notepad doc of EVERYTHING you do.
I used notepad ++, (shift, ctrl,right click to get cmd in the location required)
There's a tiny program floating around somewhere that can do all this rubbish for you. It's less then a few MB!
Advanced+ApkTool+v4.1.0+By+BDFreak
First dozen times I tried to do this I went through the entire process (with a miserably slow net speed) just to keep getting told by google that my apk wasn't zip aligned correctly or something. Days... not just hours..

So yeh I'm not having fun

Hahaha LOL. Had the same experience with Advanced + ApkTool and I also have slow internet download especially upload speed. It was a pain testing those all out because I don't want IntelXDK to make me a Keystore automatically but in the end I just went back to IntelXDK to auto-sign my apk for googleplay didn't accept my apk for it isn't signed correctly.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:00 am

I'm really glad too see that I'm not alone in this, thank you every for replying and adding to this thread. It's done a lot for my sanity :)

I'm going to go back to basics and make a "hello world" app and see if I can get it from C2 to Google Play. I desperately need to know I can do this.
I will document everything and post it on here. If all goes well that should be done by 15/2/16

UPDATE:
I the process of creating the hello world app I found a few documents and a guide video specifically for compiling with Cocoon.io
Their documentation is great. I wish this was around 6 months ago. I'd highly recommend running through this video.
http://docs.cocoon.io/article/publishing-a-construct-2-game-in-android/
http://docs.cocoon.io/article-category/construct2/

Since running through this stuff I got my app running on my phone first go, what a relief!
In fact I'm at the point now where I'm considering uninstalling all the excess java rubbish, all the misc SDK's I downloaded and even the Intel XDK!!!
Cocoon have a stand alone key signer too.
https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/android-apk-signing-tool-apk-signer/

I'm now back to being a 100% supporter of Cocoon, sorry for ever doubting. Looks like they just hit a transitional rough spot, but they're back to being the best method. Pending further headaches, I'd say This post is solved?

Just create a Cocoon account, download the latest Java and the apk signing tool, get a google play dev account and use the Cocoon plugins for C2.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:37 am

angelicatoo wrote:This Thread has confused me. I have just finished making an interactive book with C2 and want to put it on the google play store so I came on here to find out how to do that. I was under the impression that C2 could produce an app that was ready to go for various platforms depending on what options you chose when you finished it. Is this not the case? It's really too daunting if you have to learn C2, then have to investigate how to then choose another program and learn that in order to publish a finished product. Surely this is not in accordance with how C2 is marketed? I did pay for the program because I wanted to support the developers.

I like Construct, I could do many things quickly but I agree that, at least for android.
For android apk is not proving easy to me, seek some documents, solve problems with XDK, plugins admob problems ... etc ...

I already have my apk but does not work in Android 5.1... and it not know what is the reason!.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing