Best mobile game engine?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Just wondering, whats the best program to make android games? My games seem to lag REALLYYYY bad when I make them with construct. My focus is more towards mobile games, so is this the best program I can get for mobile performance? or are the better ones?

• Do you know how to program in javascript? In that case, you may want to try unity. They are able to save android files. Also, eclipse is a good javascript editor that you can save documents for android app store. I have encouraged C2 to allow games to be exported to the android app store as I am an android developer as well. So yeah, unity would be the way to go. However, if you have no javascript experience than tough luck :(! Also, how did you even export your project to the app store?? I can't seem to even be able to do that!

• We're working on directCanvas acceleration with appMobi at the moment. They're going to release it for Android soon as well - hopefully that will boost performance a lot.

• Just remember that mobile devices aren't really that powerful. The only other non programming one is game salad. But personally I like C2 better.

• I thought Unity could also be programmed in Boo (Python) and Mono (C#).

• Mobile devices now are very powerful, and becoming more powerful by the day. It's HTML5 tech support that sucks currently. And of course, HTML5 itself has yet much to grow;

• Eclipse is so bulky. For Javascript I would use WebStorm or a good editor (I use Sublime Text 2, very smitten with it).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • C2 is best. If you don't want to study programming for maybe 2 years.

Unity is a great cross-platform mobile tool; however,

you need not only coding skills, but lots of money.

Engine has a price, each function has a price, each exporter has a price,

and maybe you have to hire a professional 3D artist(no matter you want to build a 2D or 3D game.).

If you don't want buy its toolkits, you may spend more than 1 month to do what C2 can do in 1 hour.

I'm not sure Android(too many devices and specs).

In iphone4S, the FPS of my C2game is faster than Chrome/FireFox without webgl,

and the same game performed 2FPS on iphone4/ipad1.

It takes time. They are really doing something.

• Unity is a great cross-platform mobile tool; however,

you need not only coding skills, but lots of money. Engine has a price, each function has a price, each exporter has a price

The standard version of Unity 3D is free, and both Android and iOS standard exporters are free also until April 8.

But I agree that it's really a different beast than C2. C2 allows you to really make a working game on the first day you pick up the software. It's not just a marketing claim, but actually true. It even scales well with the user's knowledge and much can be done with it as far as HTML5 games are concerned.

Unity has a much, much steeper learning curve. It's an awesome piece of software too, but purpose and audience are quite different. It's not better, or worse, just totally different.

• We're working on directCanvas acceleration with appMobi at the moment. They're going to release it for Android soon as well - hopefully that will boost performance a lot.

Great to hear. I've been doing many test on my droid phone, with both phonegap build and appmobi. I've been leaning more towards phonegap because its just faster to do and the site loads quicker than the apppmobi stuff. Are there any chances phonegap build could get something similar to this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)