Best Sprite animator/editor?

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 pm

take a look at this website: http://spritetools.com/

It's not a pixelart(that is good btw ) but you can totally use this animator for your game.

Also there are a video tutorials at this website of how to create sprite animations from scratch.

good luck
B

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:38 am

I recommend you check out Spriter (http://www.brashmonkey.com/) it's a great software for animating, you can use Bones (Which is EXTREMELY handy) and it's only 25 bucks. I think they are working on porting it into C2 as well?

Either way, you can make some really fluid animations using spriter, and it is actually really good at tweening your animation frames as well.

I would definitely recommend it
B

Post » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:37 pm

ive also heard about "brashmonkey" spriter.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:38 am

I highly recommend the graphicsgale, the best and simple program for pixel art.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Great tips! Spriter by Brashmonkey is an excellent and powerful tool that integrates with C2. Graphicsgale looks really good for drawing.

For anyone wanting to create sprites on an ipad (and ipod/iphone!), Spritesomething is a very nice app. I've used it to create animated sprites for C2. Its not free but its a nice way to be able to work on assets for C2 while out and about.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:55 am

wow, i've been looking for something like this. Just downloaded sprite something on my ipad, and it's great! I'm going to use this when im traveling to draw up some stuff! Thanks @fishbottle !
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 am

Yes spritesomething is really nice indeed, glad you like it @bscarl88

Does anyone know of a good sprite editor for Android? None of the ones I've tried seem to do animation, never mind onion skin (a requirement I'd say)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources