Best strategy for pricing and ads - mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:08 pm

saiyadjin wrote:it's a hard question. if it's your first game, go with option 1.

when you get loads of players and they know you will do another game - go with option 2.

ignore fully option 3.

to get more money I`ll take op. 3
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:33 am

Hey guys, how do I configure my Admob to display only gaming ads? I tested my game today and found it was also displaying Adult Dating ads. Good thing I didn't hit the publish button.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:45 am

@fathijack1999 - no you won't. people hate when they have to pay more then once, or if they have ads that are in the way. so best is either ingame app purchases (cosmetic only) or ads but placed on a few midlevel screens. once you have a lot of players on your own games - then you can think about updating to maybe some combination.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:20 am

:shock:
saiyadjin wrote:@fathijack1999 - no you won't. people hate when they have to pay more then once, or if they have ads that are in the way. so best is either ingame app purchases (cosmetic only) or ads but placed on a few midlevel screens. once you have a lot of players on your own games - then you can think about updating to maybe some combination.

:Thumbs Up never think about that before. thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:30 pm

yeah, well think about some new games how they fell fast (like ESO (elder scrolls online)) - they had 3way paying - buy game + monthly supscription + ingame shop.
game fell off in about ~ 3 months.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:00 am

Hi all!
I found some interesting articles about application monetization. Here are some links.

1. Ways To Determine The Best Pricing Model For Your App. Proof link: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/276897
2. How to choose the best pricing strategy for your mobile app. Proof: http://www.businessofapps.com/how-to-ch ... obile-app/
3. How to Choose the Best Pricing Model for Your Mobile App – Tactics and Strategy. Proof: https://codetiburon.com/best-pricing-mo ... -strategy/

You can read about the pros and cons of each method. The choice is yours! ))
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General