Best texture format?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi there, Im getting started with construct and after a few tutorials now Im on my own (with the Wikis help) trying to figure out how each thing works. Regarding sprites I have a question, which format is the best for the sprites and other objects textures??

Sorry if the question has already been answered or if it is dumb :oops:
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

[quote="Khan":8bqp9lqi]Hi there, Im getting started with construct and after a few tutorials now Im on my own (with the Wikis help) trying to figure out how each thing works. Regarding sprites I have a question, which format is the best for the sprites and other objects textures??

Sorry if the question has already been answered or if it is dumb :oops:[/quote:8bqp9lqi]

Well in the case of construct, just use png's, because it converts everything to png's anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Yeah, just use a lossless format (ie. not jpeg, it's lossy).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you! Ill do it. Perhaps in a few days Ill post the space combat-rts hybrid Im trying to create
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

What I noticed, if you want to bring transparancy with your png you should make 24bit-pngs, I made some 8bit ones and the transparancy wouldn't come in. But perhaps that was a bug in the last version and is now fixed.
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:13 pm

[quote="olipool":gwwuw7cv]What I noticed, if you want to bring transparancy with your png you should make 24bit-pngs, I made some 8bit ones and the transparancy wouldn't come in. But perhaps that was a bug in the last version and is now fixed.[/quote:gwwuw7cv]
The first 24 bits are the image information (3x8bits R,G,B), and the alpha channel is stored in the extra 8bits that make up the 32-bit PNG file.

Google RGB and RGBA for more info.

Krush.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic