Best Way to accomplish this

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:31 pm

What im doing is making a football game with dots. My problem right now is the movement. I have tried using pathfinding but when the RB arrives it has to stop turn and then proceed to the next node. Just doesnt look natural.

I am currently trying to use the bullet behavior it works nice since the bullet doesnt have to stop. When it reaches the 1st node it rotates toward the 2nd without having to stop witch looks a lot better and smoother. The only problem is there is no way for me to make him try to avoid the defenders.

If anyone has any suggestions on what i should do or a better way to do this please do help.. I will give credit when and if this game ever gets released :D

Thank You....
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Funny I was thinking about a football game in Construct2 a month or so ago. We need more AMERICAN football games that aren't Madden sized projects. I would love to see a highschool level coach game in the sytle your using where the players are bots that run the play you choose. The players would all have certain stats/skills that they came to you with and you would have 3-4 seasons to mold a championship team. I think it would work well with mobile... i digress...

I was thinking of using a series of tests where ball carrier compared distances to the closest opponents and if distance is closer than # the ball carrier would change angle either toward sideline or up field and the quickness of these tests and direction change would be based on say an agility or awareness stat/skill. When players overlap I would compare relative tackle skill to carriers juke ability or whatever to see if a tackle was made, etc.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Ya that is pretty much what I am doing. You create your players with certain attributes that can be modified through out each season by training speed , strength , blocking , spin , catching , throwing power ext...

The game will run will in auto mode and plays called based on your playbook and game situation for each down and distance and what quater you are in and how you want to manage a lead and so on. Its gonna be pretty sweet when i get done.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 am

@fr0z3n Would it work to make the nodes move in realtime to avoid the defenders?

BTW, my Beast Attack game is american football, but not in the traditional sense. ;)
Check out my games on Google Play:
BEAST ATTACK (1,000,000+ downloads!)
ZOMBIE BASH (Android) (Launched Feb 17)
ZOMBIE BASH (iOS) (Launched March 17)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:44 am

@jook00

Im gonna try that now .. Will let you know how it works out
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:57 am

@fr0z3n Awesome. hope it works.

I would try this as well if it makes sense:
node: Set d to distance(node.X,node.Y,Enemies.X,Enemies.Y)
node: Set a to angle(node.X,node.Y,Enemies.X,Enemies.Y)
node d<55: Move at angle: angle: 0.5*(55-self.d) distance: 0.5*(55-self.d)
Check out my games on Google Play:
BEAST ATTACK (1,000,000+ downloads!)
ZOMBIE BASH (Android) (Launched Feb 17)
ZOMBIE BASH (iOS) (Launched March 17)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:11 am

how about making the RB change and X angle of movement, opposite to the defender whenever it comes close to an X amount of pixels of the defender? It would still keep moving, just will change the angle of movement
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 am

@arcab072081

I was gonna try that approach but in turn the RB could end up running the wrong way on the field.

Im still working on this I will figure something out hopefully soon :D
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:42 am

@arcab072081

Wow i had a brain fart. I just set the max angles so as not to run backwards or lose yards thanks for the idea !!!
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:23 am

Awesome!!! Im glad i can help
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?