Best Way to accomplish this

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • What im doing is making a football game with dots. My problem right now is the movement. I have tried using pathfinding but when the RB arrives it has to stop turn and then proceed to the next node. Just doesnt look natural.

I am currently trying to use the bullet behavior it works nice since the bullet doesnt have to stop. When it reaches the 1st node it rotates toward the 2nd without having to stop witch looks a lot better and smoother. The only problem is there is no way for me to make him try to avoid the defenders.

If anyone has any suggestions on what i should do or a better way to do this please do help.. I will give credit when and if this game ever gets released

Thank You....

• Funny I was thinking about a football game in Construct2 a month or so ago. We need more AMERICAN football games that aren't Madden sized projects. I would love to see a highschool level coach game in the sytle your using where the players are bots that run the play you choose. The players would all have certain stats/skills that they came to you with and you would have 3-4 seasons to mold a championship team. I think it would work well with mobile... i digress...

I was thinking of using a series of tests where ball carrier compared distances to the closest opponents and if distance is closer than # the ball carrier would change angle either toward sideline or up field and the quickness of these tests and direction change would be based on say an agility or awareness stat/skill. When players overlap I would compare relative tackle skill to carriers juke ability or whatever to see if a tackle was made, etc.

• Ya that is pretty much what I am doing. You create your players with certain attributes that can be modified through out each season by training speed , strength , blocking , spin , catching , throwing power ext...

The game will run will in auto mode and plays called based on your playbook and game situation for each down and distance and what quater you are in and how you want to manage a lead and so on. Its gonna be pretty sweet when i get done.

• fr0z3n Would it work to make the nodes move in realtime to avoid the defenders?

BTW, my Beast Attack game is american football, but not in the traditional sense.

• Im gonna try that now .. Will let you know how it works out

• fr0z3n Awesome. hope it works.

I would try this as well if it makes sense:

node: Set d to distance(node.X,node.Y,Enemies.X,Enemies.Y)

node: Set a to angle(node.X,node.Y,Enemies.X,Enemies.Y)

node d<55: Move at angle: angle: 0.5*(55-self.d) distance: 0.5*(55-self.d)

• how about making the RB change and X angle of movement, opposite to the defender whenever it comes close to an X amount of pixels of the defender? It would still keep moving, just will change the angle of movement

• arcab072081

I was gonna try that approach but in turn the RB could end up running the wrong way on the field.

Im still working on this I will figure something out hopefully soon

• arcab072081

Wow i had a brain fart. I just set the max angles so as not to run backwards or lose yards thanks for the idea !!!

• Awesome!!! Im glad i can help

• Well its going pretty good so far. Now Im getting all the different plays in the play books. This is pretty tough i have about 100 different plays and each one the dots have different assignments. Drop back in pass coverage , rush the passer , press man coverage on the outside.... Its gonna be a pretty killer game when and if I get it done. Im gonna try to have a demo ready in a few days with just a couple different plays for offense and defense so I can get some feed back from folks...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How is the game coming. I was thinking of doing one as a management simulation with different races, like a backyard blood bowl-ish american football style game.

• I would love to see a highschool level coach game in the sytle your using where the players are bots that run the play you choose. The players would all have certain stats/skills that they came to you with and you would have 3-4 seasons to mold a championship team. transferim.net

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)