Best way to add a Monster Pool (RPG)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 am

AlexandrTheGreat wrote:O_o Wow, I thought this thread was dead but it looks like it has had some action over the last bit.

I really like the idea of collaborating on an RPG standards guide. I was considering writing a tutorial once I get all the initial bits in place. Currently, I'm trying to determine how to launch to battle screen only once when stepping on a "long grass" square, as right now even if I try and close out the window, it restarts because of the overlap.

I've been playing around with Families, Groups, and Subfolders lately, which honestly makes it a ton more organized (far better than comments for large sections).

Edit: Perhaps we should make a thread to start compiling various RPG oriented resources / discoveries / questions?

I would be interested in contributing to this. My next project will be an RPG so this will be a good time for me to collaborate and test out new ideas.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 am

Alright, I'll get a Collaboration thread started. I'll post a link here once it's up.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=99982
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:15 pm

I think it would be great to see what people are doing and if we can get a compilation of product of various elements it would likely help out everyone else interested in such a game.

I'm in the same position as you - playing around with the more basic elements, but I have been sidetracked trying to decide what to do with animations/graphics/etc. The more I think about the abilities I want to have available, the more I know I will need to really branch out to get the right graphics down for their animations.

Do you want to load a battle screen once you touch a specific square, or only want the battle counter to increment when walking over certain squares? (i.e. other squares do not do anything)?
B
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?