Best way to design an inventory?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 am

Yea i already made one myself, but i am asking u with your inventory type since mine has no drag and drop.
I did share it in the previous forums which u downloaded, seems u forgot already.

Alot of games are with a gamepad, and not all devoloped games here are for PC u know? Try to get that into ur head.
So many people play with gamepad, i dont know how u missed that part.

All i asked for ur inventory was to auto select the first possible slot available. Instead of dragging and dropping it, u just click the item and it goes to the first free slot.
The sample u did is not working, anyway since u seem like this is a great effort for u, then u dont need to reply anymore here. Have fun dude.

Edit; It does not work when u pick up items and then drop all, some will get stuck, maybe someone else knows how to do this better in a correct way?

99Instances2Go wrote:Instead of doing it urself? Ya mean literally? Cant believe i fall 4 that.
Anywayz, as i said already: all you need is a system that selects things.
You should have made one that YOU like&love to play with, and shared it.

But since you are literally. Here goes 1 way of 1 billion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6el1j20sbr0rl ... .capx?dl=0

I cant test this myself, i dont own a 90tys game pad. At least change the button to something you can remember/use.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:44 pm

On 'long toes' touched.
Select 'long toes'.
Teleport to inventory.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Ease up guys!

99 offered you a good way of using array to handle a large inventory and you can't expect it to fit all uses or be used without tweaking to suit your needs.

And 99 should know his CAPX solutions are not always going to fix a problem and people need to be walked through what a CAPX does or have it designed more specifically for a certain use or it just confuses them.

If you can't use it there are CAPX inventory examples in the tutorials to look at.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:31 pm

99Instances2Go wrote:On 'long toes' touched.
Select 'long toes'.
Teleport to inventory.

What are u on about? When u pick up couple of items, then drop them all from the first spot, then the last item will get stuck.
It does not work, i cant use this system. Its too flawed, too many holes, thanks for trying though, but maybe someone else can help ;)
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:33 pm

lamar wrote:Ease up guys!

99 offered you a good way of using array to handle a large inventory and you can't expect it to fit all uses or be used without tweaking to suit your needs.

And 99 should know his CAPX solutions are not always going to fix a problem and people need to be walked through what a CAPX does or have it designed more specifically for a certain use or it just confuses them.

If you can't use it there are CAPX inventory examples in the tutorials to look at.

He did well ^_^
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?