Big layout

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • I am new to construct and have a few questions. For one, does the program only draw what is inside the screen (to prevent lag and other issues) like other programs? If so would it be functional to have 1 giant map instead of 30 little ones?

I am on the free version and was wondering if there was any discounts or coupons for money off the personal or business version or a way to use them and not pay until you release your game. Thanks for your time.

• I am new to construct and have a few questions. For one, does the program only draw what is inside the screen (to prevent lag and other issues) like other programs? If so would it be functional to have 1 giant map instead of 30 little ones?

https://www.scirra.com/blog/112/remember-not-to-waste-your-memory

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • C2 only draws the objects on the screen. So if you have 30k objects. Only the object son the screen will be drawn. However, you should temper that with the idea that the engine still needs to determine what should be drawn.

Secondly. Never create one large image. This isn't a render issue as a rendered can handle the drawing aspect. What screws up is memory. If the object larger than the draw pipeline then you will get massive performance problem. I head that you should never have an image larger than I think apx 2048x2048.. I could be wrong, maybe it's 1024x1024. Regardless of the exact size. just never make a sprite larger. it will hit the memory draw pipeline limit. This is hardware design based on cost limits of creating graphical processors.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)