Big problem with tilemap and webGL off, CocoonJS

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Roccinio wrote:@szymek
glad i could help!
i had to learn all these the hard way.wish i had someone to tell me earlier.
@ashley says that that's the way it is but i cant believe this because it renders the whole tilemap thing useless for many situations.
so if you want to help out,
bug him until he figures out a way! :)

I try your suggestion but doesn't work...

in my project the seams stay everytime... and a see a line to a png trasparent tiledbackground! I try all of the combination,

pixel rouding ON, sampling POINT, low quality etc... but doesn't make any difference...

how I can use tilemap if I can't use for this problem?? with webGL is working, but if i turn off webGL the seams return visible.

I repeat, cocoonJS with a webGL on will be very laggy with 4/5 sprite with one color and one movement sine turn in 38fps! , without webGL the performance are incredible. 61 fps without lagging!

this is a big problem for my opinion if the rendering of construct2 without webGL make this "seams" around the tile...

it's a bug? we can fix it?

thank you for the reply, I think this is very important to improve the performance... try in your project, turn off the webGL and try CocoonJS..
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:24 pm

@Ribis are you using fullscreen scaling? you must use integer scaling, other than that, maybe post a capx with your settings to check
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:42 pm

vtrix wrote:@Ribis are you using fullscreen scaling? you must use integer scaling, other than that, maybe post a capx with your settings to check

thank you for the reply, and what is integer scaling? I can't see on the options

I try all of the resolution (Fullscreen in browser) with:

pixel rouding:on
Fullscreen scaling: High quality
use high-DPI display: yes
enable WebGL: off
Sampling: point

I try all of the combination, on the computer you see the seams like 80% of the tile, on iphone you see the seams a little bit, depends where the player is on the Y,X...

this is very frustrating, because I tried Construct2 for 2 years, and now, when I'm ready to make a serious project just appear a error rendering :cry:

with webGL no seams, but I don't need webGL, just make lag on CocoonJS, a lot of lag.

I can't send the project now (I need to make a new one with the same problem, and I will do it) did you resolve this problem without WebGL?

this is very frustrating :oops:
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

above the fullscreen detail setting, "fullscreen in browser" has options, try integer scaling
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:33 am

vtrix wrote:above the fullscreen detail setting, "fullscreen in browser" has options, try integer scaling

if I set integer scaling, on the computer is working (sometimes...) , but on iphone with cooconJS, when the player is moving on the map, you can see a horizontal line with the same color of my texture, the horizontal and vertical line take all of the screen...

it's happen without tile (where I don't have texture in the tilemap) and when the player is moving on the map.... sometimes the lines are different from the border of the single tile (look this image and the first of the upload)

this is very strange and I don't know what I can do... this make to me a big problem, I must disable the webGL because I don't need to use it... tomorrow I will post a capx with the same tilemap...

someone know how I can fix it? I would like to use tilemap, I think is the best way for my game...

thank you very much!! :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:29 am

first of all, its pretty strange you have better performance without webgl,
i would say its your graphic driver thats need updating, but then again if it happens on ios, that couldn't be the case
maybe its a genuine bug with the canvas render and tilemap, as most people are using webgl, it could be undetected
best would be to try to reproduce it in a smaller project and post a bug
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:56 am

@Ribis I hope you will succedd.

@Ashley :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:28 am

vtrix wrote:first of all, its pretty strange you have better performance without webgl,
i would say its your graphic driver thats need updating, but then again if it happens on ios, that couldn't be the case
maybe its a genuine bug with the canvas render and tilemap, as most people are using webgl, it could be undetected
best would be to try to reproduce it in a smaller project and post a bug

Ok, I find a ""solution""....

depends of the windows size and the scale setting...

I was use 1280 x 720 on windows size( the resolution of iphone 5s)... I try different test, now I use 960 x 640 without scale, and is working.

but I think this problem is very important to solve, because if depends of the resolution screen and the windows size, maybe when I will try on ipad or different apple device the problem appear again and again... this make a serious problem if you like to make your game in iOS.

another serius point (this is about cocoonJS and not construct2 maybe) is:

when you active the webGL and test your project on iphone (with wi-fi), the battery will be very hot (never seen before like this), and in you have the iphone on charge, the battery still go down!! if you use like 10 sprite is the same, it's the webGL to take a lot or resources maybe.

so, webGL for cocoonJS is a big problem, but if you don't use the webGL, the performance is incredible, you can make a very big map with a lot of sprite and the performance is unbelievable off course, maybe if you use the tilemap (I consider the tilemap very important)

now, if with the next resale of construct2 and of cocoonJS solve this problem is perfect, and I think is good idea to fix it (if the problem is about the rendering,windows size etc... maybe it's easy to fix it)

szymek wrote:@Ribis I hope you will succedd.

@Ashley :)

thank you very much, I hope too eheheh
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General